Chapter - 18

His Pov

The cat is out of the box. She knows. Anxiety was wrecking every part of me as my heart leapt before me as an innocent child. The memory of that moment had been envisioned by me numerous times and now that it has happened, it did not belong to any of my designed scripts.

The first time I met Roo it was on the hospital street where I recognized her right away. Maybe I was not in my right mind but I finally dared to flirt with her. Still not sure why in heavens sake I had done that, but that remarkable conversation aka that is how I would like to phrase it not forgetting that I was creating an impression of a straight-up creep from her end. 

Mum had been throwing these questions about a girlfriend, date, love life, and lastly marriage every single time. I was busy with work and had told her many times that 'I did not have time for all this, I'm single and happy' but suddenly out of nowhere called me to reach the provided address asap with her "kasam" blackmail.

Sighing with the right motive to reject right away I made my way to the devil's location. Upon reaching, as I rang the bell, she opened the door. I had to pinch my arm twice thinking I was watching a fairytale in a good horror setting. 

She looked felt and seemed like an angel brought up from heaven to my world. She looked mesmerizing, someone I would like to watch all day and still not get bored of. With the third pinch, I switched from my beauty dream to the dreadful future that was about to take place. The ghastly look had taken over her turning me pale as well. Instead of thinking how wrong or haphazard this arrangement was, I couldn't help but feel possessive. 

These questions questioned my morality. The aftermath of this entire scenario was tragic enough when my mother asked us to talk. YES TALK. She never knew, indirectly she was preparing a graveyard for the apple of her eye. I was mummy's boy. I could see Chapal girl ( I like to call Roo that due to that remarkable conversation ) tense her shoulders. 

She awkwardly directed me toward her verandah. It seemed like a little ray of nature had addressed itself out in this verandah. She had a sunshine side to her, that information was enough to amuse me. 

It reminded me how close we were once upon a time. We did everything together, in school. It was all good before that incident that left me traumatized, bullying had become intense, and transferring schools was the only option. 

After transferring it took me some time to come out of my shell, and to my victory I did. But these moments were grasped in front of her, leaving questions behind I don't want to overthink.

It's a yes from me...

Her rejecting me does not cease me from pursuing her right?

<3