Chapter 1 : Strange Familiarities

I had that dream again. That reoccurring nothing short of euphoric dream that I usually have after a late night out at the pub.

I'm sitting at the bar drinking what seemed to be whiskey mixed with coke with a thinly sliced lime as the chaser laying on the rim. A song playing over the juke box, too buzzed out to recognize any of the lyrics but sounded vaguely familiar. When I hear that sound... That suspenseful, music to my ears type of sound.

The door slowly opens creating the most faint but noticeable creak, and she walks in. 

-step-step-step...

Her. The woman that will continue to haunt my thoughts every second of everyday. She enters... confidently but carefully, placing every step perfectly Infront of the last one as if rehearsed a million times before. Religiously entering the room with the same outfit each time. A beautiful black dress, tight at the waist but sort of trickles down as it gets to lower part of her legs, illuminous white gold rings on her thumb and index finger of her left hand and a black leather bracelet on her right wrist with a small jewel on the clasp. If I were a betting man, I'd say it was her birth stone judging by how worn it looks, must be quite a sentimental piece. A little black suede purse hanging from her fingertips, with a logo too unorthodox for me to recognize. It was safe to assume she is either of a social status I have no business associating with, or she's bold enough to make a statement and not care what it is she wears in a public setting such as this. Either way... an introvert such as I would have nothing in common. A gorgeous silver necklace with a small ring dangling from it with an engraving too small to make out from where I was sitting. One-of-a-kind diamond earrings that seem to match her bracelet at first glance, but only when they sit still do you come to realize their style is unparalleled and in a class all their own.

She makes her way from the other side of the bar toward my side, her eyes just level with the low light lamps hanging from the bar so I never get a complete picture of what it is her face looks like. I only ever see up to her luscious, soft lips. Half shining in the light as the other half fades away into the darkness of the pub. Her body language speaking at a volume higher than any of the conversations being had in the establishment. She's getting closer and closer... adrenaline pumping, mind bursting with anticipation as she nears the corner of the bar knowing I am about to see the face of the women who manages to occupy my every thought, and just before she takes that last step around the corner.

-BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!-

I wake up, left in suspense and turmoil by the sound of my 11:00pm alarm still buzzed at the sheer overwhelming energy I seem to feel whenever she draws near.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed, drag myself to the bathroom, splash warm water on my face, take a deep breath, look myself in the fogged up partially cracked mirror Infront of me and wonder to myself, "What does it mean? Will I ever see her face? What will I do when I finally do see it? WHO IS SHE!?" but like previous nights, I disregard them and continue my regular weekend routine.

A just above warm-not-too-hot shower to rid myself of any sleepless feeling I may still have after such an eventful slumber. Followed by an originally flavored 13oz glass bottle of Hillfalls coffee paired with a carefully rolled joint just enough for the average consumer to be uplifted from for whatever time remains of the night. I slip into my off brand black ripped jeans, solid black cotton t-shirt with 4 undone buttons going down the middle of the collar almost classifying it as a V-neck. A broken-into black denim-jean collard jacket with silver decorative buttons running along the center and cufflinks to accent my hand-me-down platinum Molorius watch with a Garnet stone at the base of the turning hands, and the icing on the cake... my favored classic-styled black leather pair of low-top casual loafers with silk charcoal laces in order to balance out the formal-casual personality I seemed to have created for myself over the years.