Chapter 34

Priscilla had given birth to a baby boy. They'd named him Michael. Parker had to spend an additional two weeks in the hospital. She had to strengthen her legs since she was in bed for so long. She put on a brave face but all she could think about was the baby. She cried every day. Sam knew it was bothering her but couldn't get her to talk about it. She'd been home for a little over a month. She was laying in bed talking to Sam on the phone. He was on the road.

"I miss you." He said.

"I miss you to."

"I can't wait to see you next week."

"I can't wait either." "It seems like it's been forever since the last time I saw you." "I'm gonna go to bed."

"Ok." "I love you Par."

"I love you too Sam." "Bye."

"Bye." They hung up.

Parker picked up the sonogram picture that was sitting next to her. She started to cry. She was convinced the baby dying was her fault, convinced she must've done something wrong.

The next morning Parker made Jessica breakfast.

"Aren't you going to eat something mommy?" Jessica asked.

"Mommy's not hungry."

The next day Parker and Jessica were spending the day out together. That night she was dropping her off with Max and Michael to spend the weekend. Priscilla was in California doing a post pregnancy photo shoot for Vanity Fair.

Later that night driving Jessica to Max's Jessica fell asleep in the car. Parker thought about just taking her home and taking her tomorrow, but Max's house was closer. When they got there, since she was holding Jessica, she just opened the door. Max saw she had her and her from her. As he went upstairs with Jessica, Parker went outside to get Jessica's stuff. As Parker put down Jessica's things in her room, Max was taking off Jessica's shoes and covering her up.

Parker turned and started walking down the hall. She saw the nursery out of the corner of her eye and went inside. It was her first time seeing baby Michael. He was sleeping peacefully. She got tears in her eyes as she imagined her baby girl in the crib. She left the room and started to cry. Max was coming out of Jessica's room and saw Parker. He went up to her and hugged her.

"I know baby, I know." He said.

"I killed our baby Max, I did something and I killed her." She said through her tears.

"No Parker, no." "It's not your fault, it's mine." "I stressed you out." He said with tears in his eyes. He looked at her. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." All Parker wanted to do was feel better. She wasn't thinking clearly. She kissed him. He kissed her back. They were both running on emotions. He picked her up and they went into the bedroom. He laid her down on the bed underneath him. They took off each other's shirts.

"Oh Max." She moaned as he kissed her neck.