Chapter 35

Parker woke up early the next morning. Max was still asleep. She sat on the edge of the bed and started getting dressed.

"What did I do?" She thought. "What did I do?"

She'd just fastened her bra when she felt Max kissing her back.

"Where are you going baby?" Max asked.

She looked back at him. "Max, last night was nice, but it was a big mistake."

"Don't say that Parker." "Please don't say that." "Last night was amazing."

"Well, sex was never a problem for us." "It was you cheating on me, which I did to Sam last night, so I'm no better then you."

"I'm sorry Parker." "I'm sorry for cheating on you."

"I have a boyfriend who loves me and I love him." "You have a fiancée."

"But I don't love her." "I don't want to be with her." "I want to be with you." "I admit, I chose Priscilla to get back at both of you." "It was never supposed to be a serious thing." "I only kept seeing her because it felt good at the time to get revenge."

"Is that why you moved her in here almost immediately after we split up?" She said rolling her eyes.

"I did that because I was hurt that you left me, angry, sad." "I love you Parker." "I want to be with you." "I'll break off the engagement." "Give me another chance." "It'll be just like it was before." "Remember how happy we were?" "We can have another baby."

"Would this be some kind of sick way to get back at Sam?"

"This has nothing to do with him." "This is about us." "I understand you now in a way he never could." "Everything you were feeling last night about the baby, I was to, he could never understand that."

"I have to go." She finished dressing and stood up.

"Parker." Max said. He turned her around to face him. He kissed her. She broke it.

"I've got to go." She left.

After going home, showering and changing, Parker went to the store. One of the things she had purchased was a straight razor.

Sam was coming to see Parker tomorrow. She was home alone. She sent Jessica to the babysitter. She couldn't get guilty thoughts about the baby out of her head. She'd also felt extremely guilty for cheating on Sam. She went into the bathroom where she had bath water running. She shut off the water and put a piece of notebook paper on the sink. She opened the medicine cabinet and took out the straight razor. Still with her clothes on, she got into a tub. She was so overwhelmed with everything and just wanted it to stop. She was crying. Parker took the razor and slit her right wrist in a downward motion.

"Ahh!!! She screamed out in pain as blood spurted out. She did it to her left wrist having the same response. The water began to turn red.