part 1 - pathetic situation

Your mom had always told you to stay out of trouble, yet here you are hanging on a bridge railing for dear life.

Just a minute ago you'd been on your way to your job, but a supervillain by the name of Illistrat had other plans.

It just had to be when you were working. Because of the unexpected timing, you had no time to prepare your suit. You'd been so stupid! The one day there's chaos you have nothing to hide your secret identity!

The screams of multiple civillions brings you back to your current situation. Yout hands are wrapped tight around the railing. You start to hear the destruction the villain is causing. Little rubles of debris fill the air. You remain calm as you remember you have your webs. You try to deploy them, but nothing happens. You look at your wrists, you then realise the trinkets are broken. It must've been crushed, due to the unexpexted attack. Crap.

Surely you're strong enough to pull yourself up? You attempt to lift yourself, but the railing falls down even farther then before, whipping your body backward. This leaves you with no chance of getting back up. Your heart starts racing. You start to realise how dangerous this situation is. You try to calm yourself, and attempt to think of a plan.

All of a sudden a car is thrown off of the road right beside your dangling figure. The car makes your eyes widen. Wind from the car swings your body sideways, and you almost loose your grip.

Sweat starts forming at your forehead and neck. You watch as the car falls down to a pit of death. Falling would be a very long and painful death. Adrenaline flows through your veins. You start to panic. What to do? What to do? The villain starts to call out to your superhero name. "Spiderwoman~" You look below you. The clif below the bridge was easily a one way ticket to death. You didn't have your suit or your webs. What were you thinking?! "Are you hiding somewhere? Are you THAT scared of me?" The villain says in a playful tone.

Fuck. Your arms are starting to get tired. You don't know how long you can hold on for. "Superhero" more like a pathetic little girl hanging on for dear life. "Im going to blow this whole place if you don't come out right now!". You slowed your breathing and closed your eyes. No one was on the bridge, good. They must've all ran away. No one will be in danger, you however cannot be told the same. How does he know your here? Especially when you're not in uniform.

The supervillain starts to count down slowly. "Ten," You try to adjust your grip, but slip slightly. You curse the weak railing. "Nine," Dammit. You try to pull yourself up the railing one more time, and succeed, decreasing your distance between yourself and the bridge. You feel slight releif, until you slip down to the point where you're at the very bottom of the railing.

There's hardly any grip, nothing to hold on to. The only thing keeping you up is your spider sticking and strength. "Seven," Maybe you could try swinging your way upward.

You take a breath and steady your body. "Five," Your legs start to swing as if you were kicking the livimg crap out of your worst enemy.

The movement from your legs swings your body. You repeat this over and over, until you swing close to the top. The railing curves as it swings. The distance is short enough to jump. You prepare to make a jump, and you let go. Your shaking hands reach for dear life, as they grab onto solid ground.

The top of the bridge is finally in sight. You take a breath of releif, and catch your breath. You finally reached the top. You notice the bomb illistrat must have planted, it was small but you could tell it was deadly. It sat ontop of a car to the right of you. You start to push yourself up using your arms, because there's no time to waste.

Your body is about half way up, but something is off. Your success is short lived when you look below you. Parts of the bridge start cracking off, specificily the part your life was holding onto. Something walks toward you. You start to panic, trying to pull yourself up as fast as possible. Your support is destroyed immediately.