Part 4 - Something new

You finally arrive to your apartment through the window. You climbed and ran all the way home. It's too late at night for anyone to notice spider woman entering through a window of a house. You shut it behind you.

You immediately change out of your suit. You're still shaken up. You can barely keep your eyes open. Your body collapses from exhaustion onto your awaiting bed, full of comfort.

The rooms dark, the only thing fighting the darkness being the city lights. The bedding immediately provides warmth. You cuddle up in your comforter and pass out. The cold night falls away.

- - - - - —————————☆————————— - - - - -

The sun's glow hits your room. The persistent light wakes you up from your sleep. You yawn as your sore muscles ache, most likely from the night before. You stretch out your exhaustion, feeling dazed by the morning.

You leave your comfy bed, placing your footing on the ground. You still feel tired. You enter the hallway. The washroom is ice cold, as your feet land on its floor. You rub your eyes, half lit and full of exhaustion. You look up into the mirror.

Your hair's a mess, and drool is dried on your mouth. You must've had a good sleep.

Your attention is pulled as you notice the injuries on your shoulders. Your eyes wake up from pain, as you touch your shoulder. Definitely from the previous attack of that one shapeshifter. You remember the claws digging into you. You cringe at the memory. Your shoulder stings from a touch of a single finger.

You sigh as you recall the previous events. Illistrat, he'd almost won that night, but he didn't. And the only thing standing in his way was the prowler. You grab your toothbrush, and squeeze out toothpaste.

As you begin brushing your teeth, you look in the mirror feeling a slight relief. Thinking about the whole fight fills your body with a familiar anxiety. You'd been powerless that night.

Why had he chosen to save you? He saved you twice yesterday. One where you weren't spider woman and one where you were. And you hate it.

Why did he save you from falling? And why would he save a random civilian, that wounded up being you? He'd also let out a chuckle as he looked at your terrified unmasked face, like the sick bastard he is.

Another thing is that familiar purple light, you'd seen that exact light earlier that night on the rooftop. He must've been tailing behind all night. That's how he saw your capture. It feels as if you've only solved one question out of a hundred. You try to find answers to your questions.

Contemplating why your enemy saved you brings another thought. Maybe he felt pity? Although the thought makes you cringe. Illistrat seems like his enemy, maybe he just wanted to get under his skin, by saving you.

"Good girl."  Your eyes narrow. You clench your teeth on your toothbrush in anger. Bastard. He'd made you think that he was actually going to do what Illistrat failed to. You remember your confusion mixed with horror.

You think about his shameless flirting. He always tries to get a reaction out of you, even while fighting. You frown at your reflection. Irritation is on your face. You rinse your mouth and toothbrush with the breezy sink water.

You look back into the mirror. Your mind wanders about the memories from the previous night. Your eyes widen as you think about a particular memory.

Your body over his, as he stared up at you. The train continuing to move. You remember looking down at him when he said that. You could just sense that shit eating grin he had on his face. Again your mind betrays you. "Good girl." The temperature of your face becomes hot.