Part 3- Stuck

The cold hands lifting up your mask has all of your attention. You felt like crying, but you can't. You have to stay strong. The two shapeshifters watch in excitement. The one at your feet playing with the dagger he now held. You bite your lip to stop yourself from breaking down. The cold air hits your chin as the mask runs over it.

You look up between the two buildings that surround you, almost accepting your fate. You close your eyes. You've been defeated, and you know it. All of a sudden your spider senses go off. You open your eyes immediately.

A flash occurs. Purple. It shines on along your body as well as the man inches from your face. Your eyes widen. It's the same light you saw before, on that building. But what was it?

In an instant Illistrat, the man who had been lifting up your mask pauses. The mask stops just below your lip. You breath fast, as your body shakes.

The man who had been inches from revealing your identity stands up. Your body starts trembling, as you feel a second of relief. The men begin looking around for the source. You feel your heart pounding from your body that you hadn't felt before.

The shapeshifter at your feet turns his head behind him, where the light came from. You all look for the previous light. Nothing but the alleyway fills the room around you. Your stressed lungs fill the air. What was that light?

You look up. You notice the man holding you down, distracted. You take this as a chance. You try fighting off the hands holding you down. He shifts his attention back onto you. The shapeshifter holds you down, rougher than before, pushing your shoulders down. He growls. His anger written all over his face, as his his teeth appear once more.

You try moving again, but the shapeshifter digs his sharp claws into your shoulders. You yell in pain as his claws enter your shoulders. You hiss through your teeth. Those claws pierced your skin enough to draw blood. Your breathing hitches, in pain.

The pain takes all of your attention, as your body tries to endure it. The shapeshifter switches his attention back onto the man that's about to ruin your life. Illistrat takes a step assessing the alleyway, searching for a threat, as he signals his men to be quiet. The two shapeshifters watch Illistrat attentively. You watch in a weak state.

"What's this?" A cold voice says from above. Your heart pounds through your ears. Shivers run down you, as you squint your eyes from the pain and sudden concern. Completely vulnerable, you are. Everyone's body seems to tense. Silence fills the alleyway. "Does spidey-girl need help?" A name meant to irritate you. Your eyes widen.

Your heart starts beating, No. You weren't sure wether or not you should be more worried of the voice mocking your capture, or the men who did the capturing. Your eyes switch from figure to figure, all of the men around you, unsure what to do. They all look terrified. Their reactions cause you to become worried. You notice Illistrat becoming anxious, as if any wrong move could have major consequences.

"Who are you?" Illistrat says sternly, trying not to show any weakness. You watch as his fists tighten. You pull down your mask, using your bleeding shoulder. The shapeshifter at your feet adjusts his grip in his weapon, preparing to fight. A cowering swallow comes from the man above you, who's preventing your escape. 

Your heart races from your almost death, and the cold voice. A minute goes by. Dead silence, but no one lets down their guard, not even you.

Sudden footsteps flood the allyway. A figure covered in shadows. It's hard to see from your angle. You squint your eyes to get a better look. You notice Illistrat start to tense up. The shapeshifter at your feet positions his body to defend himself. You could see sweat form on the back of his neck. Had a worse opponent come to kill you? Sweat spreads on your body, as you think about all the potential scenarios.