𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎; 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎

𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎

The nightmares never seemed to end for Rosalice. One right after the other. This particular nightmare replayed the same scene that had happened moments before her and Rebekah had gotten to the safe house. Where she had stabbed Elijah in the neck. But this nightmare was located in a different area, a memory of when she was just fourteen years old rebelling against her parents, wanting more freedom than what was given to her. Walking down the same trail, heading the same way. Only for a vampire to stop in her tracks. But this vampire wasn't the same nomadic one but instead was Elijah. Elijah wanted to hurt her in the darkness. Rosalice, given a chance in this nightmare, was forced to attack him.

Her body lunged forward as she returned to her current reality, a reality where Elijah never wanted to hurt her, never wanted to kill her. Where he was left filled with his own torment that she couldn't handle to take at the moment.

Slipping off of the bed, heading down to the kitchen. The house silenced with no one awake. No vampire. No babies. No shifter. Absolutely no one but Rosalice. Mindlessly she grabs a hold of a cup, filling it with tap water. The water left running. She tilts her head back, taking every ounce of liquid barely allowing herself to have a simple breath of air. Her mind went numb, breathing heavily as she mindlessly filled up another cup and repeating the same actions as before. Once refilling the third cup she freezes, thinking back to what her uncle had to say. Stop it. She could hear his voice. Stop trying to drown yourself for those vampires. Because fuck them. They don't deserve your guilt. They deserve to burn in hell.

Taking in a shaky breath, her hand lifted up daring to break the cycle. But her hand stopped moving, tensing up in the middle of the air. Halfway there and she couldn't do it. It felt as if her arm weighed with every ounce of blood. Her blue eyes that held pure frozen ice in them could see the red crimson liquid spilling over her arm, a voice in the back of her mind telling her to continue this path, that she deserved it.

Lights flickered on, blinking harshly she dropped the filled cup into the sink, the contents spilling, falling out. Looking towards where the light switch was located she saw long bony fingers tapping just the bottom of it. Eyes trailing his fingers being guided by a trail of hand to wrist to arm taken to the perpetrator shoulder, briefly glancing at his neck the addams apple bobbing as he took in a huge gulp of bile that filled his mouth. All before connecting with his eyes.

Licking her lips, she waited, waited for him to say something, waited until his lips made a sound, a small noise, anything.

Yet they both knew by staring each other in the eyes of the pain that followed, that ridiculed and messed with them every chance it could get. Acting in their own discrete way. Elijah left tending to his suit, keeping them heavily identical with no change, keeping himself clean as inhumane as possible. Rosalice waterboarding herself until she was forced to cough the water up, damaging her own lungs that healed miraculously.

The two diminishing their pain and throwing it away as if it was nothing as if it didn't mold to how they are now. Threw it all away for the sake of protecting others or themselves from any harms way. One having a goal to continue living. The other now getting used to the fact that they were needed.

Lips parting. Eyes never moving themselves from the tight hold that contact had.

Both were reckless in their own way, their own version. Self destructing everything they could. And yet... they were both each other's savior. Each other's downfall. The reason why their heart and mind and body seemed to ignite when the two were in the same room no matter the distance.