Under the Weather

I got home and threw my tote bag on the couch then face plummeted next to C as he was watching tv. He paused it and looked at me. "That bad" he asked. I nodded in the couch. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head. "Is he still here."

Just then Chris came through the front door. "Bunny  it's a legit business I just need a little money to get it started."  He said softly.
I looked up at C. His face went dark when he saw my swollen red eyes.

C got up. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" He shouted. Both me and my brother jumped. C's deep voice made him sound a lot more threatening. "You come back into her life when she needs someone the most to scam her out of money?!"

"This is none of your damn business!" Chris yelled.

"C be careful he's drunk." I warned, getting up and grabbing C's hand.

"And you're drunk?! You're such a sleezy piece of shit." C scoffed.

Chris swung and punched C in the face. I screamed as C pushed him against the door, shutting it, and repeatedly punched him in his face. He went fucking crazy and Chris didn't stand a chance.

"C stop it he's had enough!" I cried pulling his arm back.

It was quiet and tense for a minute.

"I think you should leave." I said quietly, looking down.

"You heard my little sister. Leave her alone." Chris ordered.

"I mean you, Chris." I said frustrated. "You intrude in my life for money, you're selfish and you don't love me at all. Which is crazy because despite all you've done and all the lies, I still love you and I would never do the things you've done to me. I was holding onto you because you're the last bit of my old life I had left, but I think it's time for me to let go of the past because it's just going to ruin my future."

C and Chris stared at me for a minute. Then Chris tried putting his hand in my cheek. "Bunny-"

"Please. Don't make this harder than it already is." I begged.

Chris stared at me with sad eyes before opening the door. "I'm gonna get my shit together (Y/N). Then I'll be back for you." He promised.

He left and it was just me and C. I was at the verge of tears when C grabbed my hand. "I want to show you something I've been working on." He said, taking me to his apartment.

I haven't been here in a while. I didn't think he has either. "I come here when I'm gaming or working. I don't want to take up space in your apartment." He explained. He brought me to his room and powered on his computer

*Play Under The Weather by Corpse*

"What's this?" I asked. It was different from his usual music.

"Before we met I had so much anger pent up inside me. It was at everything and nothing. I never thought I would feel the way love songs described or the peace that one one guy you like listening to sounds when he's singing. What's his name?" C blushed.

"Novo Amor." I said.

"Right. I hear you listen to him while you sleep and your face is so peaceful, so serene like you're sitting on the porch of a cabin and it's pouring outside, but you're just cuddled up with your blanket, staring into the rain." He looked down and smiled. "I- I want to make music that gives you that peaceful look on your face. So I made you this." He said grabbing my hands.

I looked at our hands then up at him. My heart was beating out of my chest.

The song restarted and C looked deep into my (E/C) eyes. "Does this make you feel peace?" He asked softly.

I've never heard his voice like this. Real life or in his songs. It's so angelic, it gives my heart a feeling no other song gives me, it sends a cool current through my body, yet, I couldn't shiver. All I can do was stare. Answer his question damn it. "I-" was all I can work out.

"What I'm trying to say is that you inspire me, (Y/N). I've always been scared of change, but if the change is you, then I'm ready."

C put his hand on my cheek. We looked into each-others eyes before he slowly, and passionately kissed me.

I didn't know it before, but I've been waiting for what seems to be a long time for his lips to meet mine.