X

"Who even is the staff?" Klaus asks Schnider

"I have a maid, and two cooks. I haven't seen them at all since dinner!" Schnieder says

"It must be them!" Jean exclaims

"But where are they?" Evalynn questions looking left to right.

"I would say we need to find them, but every time we have searched around... one of us ends up dead!" Klaus says

*clink*

The lights suddenly go out.

*They all gasp*

Evalynn feels someone grab her. At first she's frightened, but then she realizes that the touch is familiar. She recognizes the lovely grip as Klaus. Even though the murders surrounding her, she feels at peace when Klaus is holding her. She feels warm inside, finally at home.

Klaus finds himself clinging to Evalynn. He didn't regret this decision at all. He knew they had at least 'something' because of their past together. "We should all go back to the living space" Klaus says, moving his hand to hers, slowly letting go. He walks ahead everyone in the dark to lead them.

They're all walking when Evalynn feels someone grab her from behind. At first, she thinks it's Klaus, she almost grabs them back when they reach around to her face. She instantly feels pressure on her face. She tries to scream but she can't. The person that has a hold of her is too strong, they're holding a rag to her face. She can't breathe. She kicks and punches but to no avail. She feels herself lose consciousness. She falls to the ground slowly as the person runs off.

"Schnieder, hit the lights" Klaus says, trying to see through the dark.

*click*

"What??" Schnieder says flicking the light switch

*click*

*click*

"It's not working!" Schnieder shouts

"What do you mean 'it's not working!'" Jean shouts back biting his nails.

"Is the power out?" Klaus asks, trying to adjust his eyes to the darkness.

"It couldn't be. This house wouldn't loose power during a hurricane. This storm isn't that bad." Schnider says, opening the blinds to reveal the moon, which dimly lights up the room.

"Well could someone have turned off the power?" Jean asks Schnider

"Maybe..." Schnider says, putting his finger up to his chin and looking up

"Maybe?!" Jean and Klaus both say at the same time

"There's a breaker in the basement. One of you must have gone downstairs while we were all in the kitchen and turned it off." Schnieder says, pointing his finger.

"Well what if you went downstairs and turned the power off?" Jean questions

"I didn't, I was in the kitchen the whole time" Schnider says, putting his left hand in the air and his right on his heart.

"Hmmm..." Jean looks at Schnider funny

.
.
.

"Klaus!" Everyone springs up "why don't you go downstairs and turn the power back on!" Schnider offers, a nervous grin on his face.

"Why me? You own the place!" Klaus rejects

"Well why not?" Schnieders grin morphing into a suspicious stare

"Fine, but while I'm gone I don't want any murders, got it?" Klaus states. Jean and Schnider quickly glance at each other, realizing they have to spend some time together. Alone.

Schnieder brings Klaus to the door that leads to the basement. Schnieder opens the door. Klaus looks down the dark stairwell. The fear in the air was palpable. Klaus let out a deep sigh before taking his first step...

*creak*

"AAAHHHA" Klaus screams, clinging onto Schnieder. They look each other in the eyes for a moment before Klaus stands back up. He musters up the courage he has left in him and begins down the stairs again.

This is crazy this is crazy this is crazy! Klaus thinks to himself as he walks down the stairs into the terrifying basement. He strikes cobwebs and lets out a quiet gasp. "Okay, I'm down the steps, now where is this breaker?"