10 Years later

It's yet another peaceful day in kanchipuram. Everything in there changed a little but sakthivel sir's house! than a new jeep before the entrance and a little ladybird cycle at the corner of the porch.

Inside the room, there's Guna searching for the brewing grey hairs in his head and trying to trim them which has turned into his routine recently. When he successfully cut off the last visible grey hair off his head with that proud look in his face, there came a soft giggle from the corner of the room.

GUNA: Malar, it's better you can come here and help me than making fun of me. At least I am not dying all of my hair like you do.

MALAR: Hello! I've never dyed my hair. I am still that young beautiful malar teacher as I used to be.

GUNA: Yah! Even I heard about students talking among themselves about how their ever beauty Malar teacher is aged up and now behaves like a grandma already.

MALAR: Hahaha.... Very funny.... Tell me who. I'll speak.

GUNA: Just now I mentioned you a strict grandma and now you're proving it.

MALAR: My dear correspondent sir. Who would ever win a argument with you?

GUNA: That's right. I fear no one.

MALAR: ohhh!! So you are fine if I tell sandhiya about how her dad started trimming his grey hairs again?

GUNA: Noooo.... Don't do that. Then that kutty patti will kill me. Both patties are just jealous about how good I look.

MALAR: Abi is right. Only sandhya can control you.

GUNA: It's not about control. She is the angel in my life gifted by God to us. Our only daughter. She gave a meaning and a purpose to my life. I can't stand a tear in her eyes. I'll do anything for my princess.

MALAR: ohhooo! If she is your angel, who am I?

GUNA: Nee ennoda sami MALAR.

MALAR: deiii!

GUNA: Yah MALAR. Just think of me few years ago. I was just a drunken trash, who didn't worth anything. If not you, I would have been nothing. Everything I am now is all because of you. Have anyone in Kanchipuram ever respected me or trusted me. Now, when I walk in the streets or in the jeep , people wish me, I can see that respect in their eyes. They are trusting me MALAR. It's all because of you. Thank you for that.

MALAR: Are you mad? You're always good. It's all because how pure and lovable you are. And stop making me cry now and get ready soon. Sandhya left to school already.

GUNA: It's too soon.

MALAR: I know. There's a competition this weekend. So, she went earlier for the practice.

GUNA: Then let's get ready.

Guna walked inside the hall tucking in his shirt while Malar is packing lunch for both. He suddenly looked at sakthivel sir's picture frame at the wall of the Hall and walked towards it with a smile in his face.

GUNA: Appa. A thank you can't justify the life you gave me. I'll love you and be responsible and make you proud till my last breath. I know that this school is your dream. I'll never let the dream go off my hands. I also know that you're still among us guiding the kids as you guide me.

Saying this he tear the previous date from the calendar to see that they are a week away from sakthivel sir's memorial Day. His smile grew bigger and turned into a soft laughter.

Hearing it. Malar walked towards him to know what's happening.

MALAR: What are you smiling at?

GUNA: We are a week away from his 10th memorial Day.