HAND IN HAND!

A sudden wave of guilt took over kalai. After hearing about sangeetha, his heart became heavy out of guilt. She remains to be his only scar that still hurts.

The moment kalai broke her bubble by clearing what he actually has for her was not love but just a care and concern, it was already too late. His silence and the way he never got offended when she gave him clear hints about her love towards him and the sudden reveal broke her into pieces. It would have been easy for kalai to get over the guilt he is carrying after all these years if she would have behaved like any normal heart broken teenager who is furious and yelled at him. But sangeetha didn't utter a single word at that situation, her tear filled burning eyes that meet his for one last time never stopped haunting him till this day.

That look in her face horrified him...... From that day until this day, kalai never heard about sangeetha, even when he tried to reach her out to explain himself in many ways and failed miserably each time.....

Now, after hearing her name he was totally shattered for and second, he slowly sat on the sofa and Abi looked at gowtham and signalled him to change the topic..... And suddenly,

GOWTHAM: Yah! Even I saw Raju when I went to Banglore. You won't believe me how much he've changed. He is all matured and new man but still the same funny Raju he used to be.... Do you need their address too?

ABI: (looking at kalai to see if there is any changes in his anxious face) yah! I know their address already da.... After all Stella is my best friend and Raju is like my brother. I still can't believe that they married....

GOWTHAM: See.... That's the point.... Everyone are getting married except you two...

ABI: Ennaku ipo kuda ok dhan. ACP ta ketu sollu......

Gowtham looked at Abi and made an expression of asking her what to do next?

ABI: solluuu.....

While kalai was still processing about those past incidents totally ignoring the efforts going on before him to divert him. Suddenly, he gathered himself back and looked at gowtham...

GOWTHAM: ohhhh!!! Kalai?!!!

KALAI: Ah! Gowtham... What were you speaking?

GOWTHAM: Ada pavi.... Then you didn't hear anything that we were speaking here for nearly 10 min.

KALAI: Sorry, I was just zoned out! What we're you talking about?

GOWTHAM: I was telling you that. Next time when you come back to my home, you should be coming with your wedding invitation.

Kalai gave a soft smile and Abi smiled a little more.

GOWTHAM: So, I'll book you flight tickets from my friend's agency for Banglore. You'll reach there by tomorrow.

ABI: Fine, then we are leaving too.

When they both were about to leave, gowtham holded kalai's hand and he turned to look at gowtham. Gotham slowly took a invitation from kalai's bag and said,

GOWTHAM: I'll give this to Sangeetha! You are not yet ready for that, but you have to face her in a week so, gear up.

They smiled at each other and they both leaft while gowtham was running inside to off the cooker after loosing the count on whistle.

They both climbed on the bike and there were no conversations not even a single word for minutes and suddenly abi asked him to stop for a coffee.

ABI: Pa pa.... Stop here, let's have a coffee.

They stopped there and ordered coffee. While they were taking a sip, abi was looking at a college couple sitting in a parallel table chit chatting holding hands, kalai notices abi glaring somewhere else and snapped to bring her back,

KALAI: What?

ABI: Nothing!

KALAI: Apo vidu....

ABI: paaaa(annoyed)?!!!!

KALAI: Ok.. Okie( with a soft laugh)... Tell me, what are you looking at?

ABI: Look at those kids, I think they'll probably studying in a college.

KALAI: Yah! They seems young.

ABI: Laa..... Look at them holding hands and living in their own world! And then I suddenly remembered how I came to your academy on the holiday once and we went to one such coffee shop, right?!

KALAI: Yah!!!!

ABI: There, I was constantly trying to hold you hand and you turned all awkward looking at people looking at you. And then I was upset about it and you didn't leave my hand until we reached the gates of your hostel... Do you remember it.

saying this she looked at him in his eyes and suddenly looked away with a smile and said,

ABI: Nowadays it needs some special time like this to even speak our hearts out, time've just changed la..... Our outing, our laughters, stargazing....

Abi was looking down remembering all that will smile and a pinch of blush and suddenly felt a warmth over her hand and looked up to see him holding her hand and softly rubbing his tumb over her hand. She looked at him surprised and he looked into her with his sparkling eyes,

KALAI: I remember it! I do remember all of it!!!

They both were lost for a moment among the stars with some unbreakable eye contact, hands in hands and suddenly a notification popped in! Both moved away but still holding hands with a awkward smile and kalai picked his phone to check on the notification.

KALAI: It is from gowtham, we have a early morning flight! So, I'll drop you home and will pick you up by 4 AM.

When they were about to get up from the seat,

ABI:So, you're gonna leave the hand?

KALAI: (Holding it tighter) Never!

Kalai was holding her hand until they reach her house, once when they reached the home,

ABI: We reached the home!

KALAI: Yah!

ABI: I should go in!

KALAI: Go!

ABI: You should leave my hand for that?

KALAI: I don't think so.

ABI: Don't play around! Leave!

KALAI: Should I?

ABI: Apo va.... Vandhu en appa kita ponnu kelu!!!

He suddenly released her hand...

KALAI: Okie, see you tomorrow, bye....

ABI: Ada pavi.... Iru da..... Oru naal sikamala poga pora......

She left inside, turning around looking at him looking her constantly until he goes out of her sight...... The smile and love filled the air.....

TO BE CONTINUED....