0.4

When I made it down to training, I decided I would first try the knot tying station. Placing my hands on the rough rope, I started to twist it into many different knots. After thirty minutes I had enough of knot tying as it made my hands burn a little from all the constant rubbing against the thick material. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to meet dark brown eyes peering into my light ones.

"Johanna," I smiled.

"Rosie," she laughs, pulling me into a tight hug.

"How are you? What's the status on your massive cru-"

I place my pointer finger over her mouth.

"Johanna," I smirk.

"Well he's looking right at you," Johanna whispered, twirling an ax in her hand.

I look up to see Finnick gazing at me. He slowly looked down, smiling a little.

"Well Rosie, I'm going to try a simulation, you wanna come?" Johanna probed.

"Johanna, you know how I feel about that sort of stuff. Plus, I don't know if I still have it," I say.

"Of course you still have it! Seven years teaching doesn't go down the drain that easily," Johanna grins, recalling my telling her about how my mother taught me how to shoot.

"Johanna, I-"

"Your coming," she says, grabbing my arm.

"Johanna!" I laugh, as she pulls a bow and a sheath of arrows off a rack.

"C'mon," Johanna pleads, making her puppy eyes grow bigger.

I looked around the room to make sure no one was watching then took the sheath and bow out of her hands,

"One round," I say.

Johanna squeals then pulls me into the simulation room. She tapped a few random buttons then instructed me to step on a big platform.

"Alright, you got this," Johanna murmurs, noticing my trembling fingers.

I took a shaky breath and then loaded my bow.

"3, 2, 1!" An automated voice boomed throughout the simulation booth.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I saw an orange figure with a sword running up to me. I draw the string to my mouth and let go quickly. When the arrow found its way into the figure's heart, it fell to the floor, causing it to crumble into orange blocks. This time, two holograms ran up to me, one holding a throwing knife and the other a spear. The knife thrower threw its weapon, but not before I could twirl out of the way. I took out two arrows, stringing them both onto the bow quickly. I pulled the string and the two arrows plunged into the holograms heads. This happened a few more times until the simulation shut down, thus concluding the session.

"Fantastic job Rose, I knew you still had it in you," Johanna congratulates me.

"Thank you Johanna," I smile, "It was good to do that again. But I am still sticking to my rules. I will not kill in that arena unless my life depends on it."

When I turned to walk out of the glass doors, I saw merely half the tributes there, staring in awe.

"Good job Little Butterfly," Finnick grins.

"Thank you," I smile, bowing my head a little, "I think I am gonna go over to the camouflaging station now."

"Ok, I'll come with you," Finnick says.

I guided Finnick to the table with the paints on them and sat him down on the floor. I took every shade of green down with us.

"You ready?" I ask, grabbing a paintbrush.