chap. 3: getting to know one another

As we head back I thought about all the things he could do to me for his revenge. He could on purposely get in a car crash, stop out of no were and make he hit my head on the dash board. He could do anything and pull it off as an accident. just because of his reputation and that his dads the head cop of this town.

I could probly get away with it if it was swapped because mine is the mayor so yah we could both get away with it.

As we pull in the school parking lot at “his” spot, I unlock the door but before I can open the door he locks it and I start to question myself of what he’s about to do.

“Im sorry for making you have a wet shirt at lunch today.” He said and I turn to look at him but he’s just staring at his steering wheel.

“It's ok I get you back. Twice, but who’s keeping tract I mean you clearly win by a mile with everything you and the guys do.” I said in a kinda mocking way I guess and smirked to him.

“Yah I guess well you better get to class Miss Nerd that can’t skip to save her life.” His smirk is weird it’s like he’s smiling but David never smiles at anyone, but I might be seeing things today.

As I walk in im ambushed by Liam and all most tackled to the floor but then I realized that I was caught by some huge wall. As I look up I realized that it’s David holding by my waist.

“thanks.” I tried to say in a normal voice but it came out all shaking and scared.

“No problem, I’ll be here when you fall.” He smirks and I wonder if he’s paining to drop me but then he gently lift me up to my feet and smiles at me. Wait did he say every time I fall a lot so does this mean... we will be seeing each other more often. I mean my family and his are practically can live together in one house. But with David and Cole his brother that I’ve had a crush on him for a while.

After just standing there for a while I guess the second bell rang and my eyes just budge out of my skull and I started for my locker and bulled out me book for history, since me purse was still in my car.

Once I walked into class right behind me was David. And then all eyes were on us. Once the teacher notes us her face was in rage to I guess see me with him.

“Well Miss. Rose and Mr. David nice for you to join us. Do you have a tardy or an explanation to why you are both late?” my History teacher Mr. Andrews asked us.

“Um... I uh...” was all I could say since I have never been late before.

“Rose was helping me with my project out on the field since it was the quietest and peaceful im so sorry I got her in trouble it was my fault I just didn’t get a simple question and I wanted her to explain it to me before I got more confused.” He sounded serous that I almost believed him. “rose I am sorry I got you late and I know how much being on time means to you and im truly sorry for that.” He continued and all I could do was smile and then it clicked that I should respond to his oddly sounding fake truth to make this real so I can at least try to get out of being late.

“It's ok as long as you don’t do it again and that you understand how the periodic table works that’s all that really matters. Right a person understands on how something works and how to understand the information given?” I ask sweetly while lifting one of my eyebrows at him.

“Ok you two I won’t count it today but if you’re late again you will get a tardy and it will be counted. Got it.” We both nodded our heads and he continued “ok take your seats. Now class before we were interrupted tern to you text books to page 243 about the Alamo…..” he kept talking but I tuned him out when David taped on my shoulder for the desk behind me.