Changes - 1

By: sakurademonalchemist on Fanfiction.net

Harry, instead of being left to fend for himself in Surrey is rescued by Muramasa who leaves him with the Kurosaki Clan. How will the Soul Society react with the reappearance of Muramasa? Will Harry be able to change Muramasa's fate?

~

It all started four hundred years ago when a Shinigami named Koga was sealed away. At that time, his partner, Muramasa, had no idea that his master had been sealed.

He figured it out after a decade had passed. Ever since then, he had wandered the world looking for where Koga had been sealed. He had seen many things, and still he could not find his master.

Until, nearly three hundred and ninety years after the fact, he found a child with green eyes so similar to his master that it caught his attention.

This child had massive amounts of reishi, but no control. What bothered him was the bindings on the child's power. Bindings that were designed to control and manipulate him.

He reached out to touch the small infant...and the small soul clicked with his power.

He blinked. This infant could synchronize with his own soul? The parents came into the room, and didn't even notice the change. When Muramasa touched the child, he had accidentally broken any and all bindings on the boy's soul.

The child giggled happily when he saw his mother...and shocked her greatly when he abruptly changed his hair color.

The woman was surprised, but pleased at the same time.

"James, our son is a Metamorphagi!"

"He's what? Are you sure?"

"Come see for yourself!"

James (who was obviously the father) came up and saw the red hair. He seemed happy about the news.

"Our son is going to Hogwarts!" he said happily.

Muramasa was intrigued by this development. He had spent centuries looking for his master, and never found a thing.

Perhaps it was time for a break.

~

For the next month, Muramasa watched the house. The wards placed around the house never bothered him, mostly because they were never focused on souls like him.

Wards were meant for the living, not the dead.

It was because of his interest that Muramasa witnessed the death of Lily and James Potter. When the snake man went into the house, Muramasa followed.

He went straight to little Haru's room. Muramasa was fond of the little one, who seemed to be the only person who even saw him. He was the only soul in the area who had enough power to see him.

The snake man had killed the father, and was going after Haru specifically. He levelled the stick at Haru...and Muramasa reacted without thinking.

When Lily fell, Muramasa took her place. The woman saw him with surprise, but she watched as he took the brunt of the killing curse meant for her son.

Whatever power the killing curse had, most of it was taken away when it went through the man before her. He coughed up a bit of blood, and didn't notice the small portion of his soul that was sealed inside the boy.

Because he took the curse meant to kill the child, he had unwittingly become the child's Zanpakuto when he died.

Muramasa stayed with the two souls who were very surprised to find out about their visitor.