31 - Calm

I was buttoning my jeans up when I had the realisation.

Demi just kissed and licked my scars. My skin. Rhea fucking Ripley just did that. And she enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it.

But... what were we?

She was protective with me. She didn't want me with anyone else. I know I'd feel the same if saw her with someone else. I would agree to being exclusive. So, check.

I would also agree to admitting I care about her again. So does Demi. Check again.

The sexual stuff was... it was getting there.

I trusted her. I respected her.

It was all the foundations for a real relationship. I wasn't going to bring that up until she did though.

Grabbing my phone I opened it and found a message from Damien.

Damien: Hey Chica, you with Demi?

He sent it only a few minutes ago. I replied.

Marina: Yes, she's in the shower. Is everything alright?

Damien: No. Tell her to call me.

He sounded insanely serious and urgent.

I walked out to find Demi's phone on the counter where she left it. It was buzzing, probably from Damien trying to reach her. I came to the bathroom door and knocked. The shower was off so she must be nearly done.

"Yeah?" Demi shouted through the door.

"Damien texted me. He really needs you to call him. Your phone is here."

Demi quickly opened the door, revealing herself fully dressed and wet hair. She looked me up and down quickly before grabbing her phone from my hand.

She swiped on her phone, and her face quickly turned angry. She was cursing under her breath.

"What is it? Is it okay?" I asked her.

Demi pressed something on her phone and brought it to her ear. "What the fuck is she saying?" She shouted.

I could hear it was Damien she was talking to, but I have no idea what he was saying. I couldn't make it out.

"Fuck." Demon grumbled. She started pacing her living room. Eventually, she hung up and threw her phone on the couch. "I hate her so much." She was grumbling.

"Who, Demi? What's happened?" I asked, slowly trying to come close so I could grab her hand.

She pulled away. "Fucking Toni." She said. "Running her stupid mouth about me at Johnnys. She's drunk."

"What is she saying?" I ask.

Demi runs her hand through her wet hair, pushing it back. "Shit about us. About what happened. It's all fucking lies."

"W-what is she saying, Demi?" I ask again.

Demi stopped walking. "She cheated on me with a guy from her gym, right? I was dumb and took her back. I make a small mistake one night and call her a 'bitch' then she thinks that's why we broke up. No, we broke up because I didn't make a mistake that night. That night, I cracked and realised it was not okay what she did to me. That's why we broke up."

I nodded understanding.

Toni cheated on her. Somehow, Demi took her back. I can imagine how all of that, the anxiety and the pressure can build up, and Demi cracked. It's 100% Toni's fault for that. She caused it. She deserved it.

Demi continued. "She's saying I cracked at her one night. Insulted her and nearly laid my hands on her. That's why we broke up." Demi come before me and grabbed my hands quickly. "Marina, I'd never fucking do something like that. Never." She stared practically into my soul.