49 - 1,2,3

As I made my entrance, I showed off the belt skipping down towards the ring. I rolled in and immediately held the belt up in the air. As I turned to hold it in front of Demi, she raised her chin in challenge. The ref pushed me away a little.

The more confident I seemed, the better Ripley would look. Was I going to make her look damned good at what she does.

I know this won't make up for anything I've done. I wasn't expecting her to run back to me and for it to be fine, but I was hoping she'd at least talk and accept the apology I have been thinking of for days. At least.

Honestly, I'd understand if she didn't even want to do that. I was going to try, though.

The ref held the belt up between us and the crowd roared. It was mainly for Rhea, but they all thought I was going to win. You could hardly predict this.

Demi was staring straight at me before the bell rang. Then she broke and charged for me, she swung her boot out and I took it in the jaw. Sending myself flying onto my back as hard as I can.

As I blinked away the ache, I could tell Demi wasn't expecting for me to take it, I could have easily ducked. She hesitated before grabbing my hair and pulling me up to a stand.

All I could feel was her skin against mine and how good it was. I didn't even feel any pain right now.

Demi swung at me, but I ducked and spun out. I had to at least make it believable. Had to put on a decent showing.

I ran at the ropes, bouncing off them and jumping to grip my knees around Demi's neck. It was a hurricarana attempt, but was stopped by the power of Ripley. She held me up, leaving me upside down as she carried me to the centre of the ring.

With a grunt, she hoisted me up so I was sat in a powerbomb position.

I braced myself by tensing my back the best I could, automatically gripping onto Demi's hand.

It was only a very short time I had her hand, because she powerbombed me, sending me onto my spine.

But the pain I was expecting never came. I damned felt it but my spine was fine, like something had cushioned me.

I screamed, arching my back to show that I was in pain. I saw Demi huffing angrily, shaking out her red hand.

Did she... did she just use her hand on my back to protect the impact.

Ripley dragged me across the ring with my feet. I kicked and bucked to get away but let her. Rhea seemed to know I wasn't fighting back like I usually do. As she dragged me up onto my feet, she whispered in my ear. "Fuck are you doing?"

Then she whipped me into the corner of the ropes. She came at me with her shoulder, giving me multiple shoves with it.

I didn't answer her.

As a last move by me, I used my legs to kick and push her away. While she stumbled back, I climbed to the top rope. Turned around and made sure I was lined up.

I backflipped towards Ripley, and we both fell over. She was stuck on the ground, pretending to grab at her chest and shoulder where I'd mainly landed.

I rolled onto my feet and cheered.

It wasn't for long though, because Demi had gotten up and put me in position for riptide. I let her.

I think she was trying to make me look good... by letting me kick out from the riptide. But was she wrong.

She expected me to counter out before she did it, but I got laid out flat on my back by her as she did riptide. There was no hand on my back to protect me this time.

I saw her hesitate for a moment but then quickly put me in a pinning position. Legs up and her towering over me with her hands pressed on my shoulders.

1!

Demi stared at me between my legs, waiting for me to move.

2!

Demi's hands gently started to relieve the strength put onto my shoulders. But it was too late.

3!

The bell rang.

Demi didn't move from above me, just stared at me, not believing what was happening right now.

The audience was cheering through the roof. They were so loud at watching her win.

I kicked her off, rolling away under the ropes and lying on my back. Fuck, it hurt after that.

The ref pulled Demi up, raising her fist in the air. She looked just shocked, she couldn't believe it.

When the ref passed the title to her, she looked down to me with some sadness in her eyes. Then rested her head on the belt, with made her face turn happier.

I quietly watched nearly in tears as Demi held the belt in the air. Basking in the crowds. She was basically crying herself.

Every now and then she threw her gaze to me and I couldn't tell if she just wanted to talk, punch or kiss me right now. She was staying in character but it was so hard for her. Like it is for me.

I rolled out onto the ground, grabbing my back in pain. Then I slowly walked from the ring and backstage, not looking back once.

When I got backstage, I was quickly met with everyone, asking if I got injured or something or rather. They were as shocked as ever at what just happened.

Shaun winked at me from across the room, and I smiled at him.

I eventfully got away from everyone and back to my dressing room. Grabbing my gear I quickly went to the showers. Pulled the curtain up, stripped and turned the water on hot.

I think I just stood there for 20 minutes, letting the water run down over me. It felt incredible over my back, my now sore cheek from her kick and Toni's damned slap.

Which I honestly deserved. But from Demi, not her.

Fuck.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Demi talking to Toni. About us? About me? That was a kick to the gut.

But I couldn't feel too bad about it, considering what I'd done to her.

I gasped when the shower curtain behind me was suddenly ripped open. I hadn't even heard anyone come in.

Spinning, Demi was shutting the curtain behind her, standing on the opposite end of the cubicle.

I automatically sunk into the wall, looking at the floor and covering myself up the best I could.

She had the belt on her shoulder, and all of her ring gear still on. Last time she hopped in the shower with me, we ended up kissing.

By the sad... or angry... look on Demi's face, that's not how it was going to go this time.