32 - Out Of Breath

For a Monday, I'd woken up pretty late.

The show was tomorrow so I usually get up early Mondays to read through lines, workout and get that all done before lunchtime

Judging by the clock in my bedroom it was close to 10:30am. I was stretching, rubbing my eyes and trying to wake up properly. It was such a quiet and peaceful morning.

That was until pounding started at my front door.

What the fuck?

Springing up quickly, I wrap a quick robe around myself and fast walk to my door that was still pounding.

Coming to the door, the handle was also rattling. Someone was eager to come in, it was scary.

I wish in times like these I had a damned peephole.

"Who is it?" I yelled out. Always best to be safe, especially when I live by myself and have a few angry people on my tail.

"Fuck, Marina. Just open the door." It was Demi, sounding relieved. Her banging stopped and it fell silent on the other side of the door.

Oh, shit.

She said breakfast.

Slowly opening the door, I put half my face out and smile innocently as possible. No doubt she could see I still hadn't gotten dressed, done my hair or anything. I'm definitely looking like a mess. So I hide my face partly.

"You just woke up?" Demi asked me, crossing her arms. She was breathing heavy. Had on a hat, jumper and shorts. She looked stressed.

"Yeah..." I whisper.

Demi rubbed her hair back. "You don't have your phone on or what?" She said. "I reckon I called you 10 times."

"Oh. I turn the ringer off, sorry." I say. "You can come in but I just need to shower. We can get brunch." I open the door and quickly turn away to run to the bathroom.

I make it partly down the hall before I'm scooped up in strong arms and carried backwards. "Demi!" I scream.

She doesn't let me go though, and I can't get free. She sits me on the kitchen counter and stands in front of my legs.

I hide my face in my hands.

Demi carefully grabs my hands and tries to pull them. "Marina." She says threateningly when she can't move them.

She swiftly pulled them off my face and I put my head down.

She lifted it with her hand.

Finally, I accepted it and just looked at her.

Demi immediately smiled at me. God she looked so sweet when she smiled. It made me smile. "Cute." She whispered.

I felt myself blush. "I need to shower."

"Not without a kiss first." She said.

I cover my mouth with my hand. "No. I need to brush my teeth..."

Demi rolled her eyes. "Quickly, then." She moves to let me jump off the counter. I do and scuttle to the bathroom.

I swear I brushed my teeth as fast as I could.

Why was I so excited to see her? To kiss her? Why did I get so desperate.

I think I fell asleep so easily last night, and slept for so long was because of her. Because she made me relaxed. Made me happy. Made me fee... pretty. I hardly worried last night.

I walked back out to find Demi on my couch, scrolling through her phone. Her gaze shot to me when I came in the room. "So eager." She said, her eyes twinkling. Her smile playful.