Chapter 5: (I loved him the most.)

One of the many things that high school students pretty much loathe in school is exam seasons. Just like how there are generally four seasons in the world, the same goes for school: two seasons for midterm exams and another two seasons for final exams if they have two semesters in one academic year. Beomgyu was one of the many students who disliked exams, although he was good at studying, but being good at something won't necessarily mean you like it.

It was the beginning of their midterm exam season.

And even a week before the season started, the students already began shoving and gluing their faces on their textbooks—that includes Yeonjun, Beomgyu's best friend whom he misses entirely.

Beomgyu forgot how much of a study-holic Yeonjun was. It had been a week since they last hang out with each other. And Beomgyu being Beomgyu who cannot live a day without Yeonjun, felt like he had been crawling on thorny floors. Beomgyu remembered the time when the two of them were ignoring and avoiding each other, during those days, it had been terrible for Beomgyu. Like he was in hell. However, he stood his ground with the reminder that they both needed that space. It went well in the end, Beomgyu consoled himself.

But this time around, they haven't seen each other properly and it wasn't because of any misunderstandings or quarrels, instead, it was merely because of school. Beomgyu sighed.

It was Monday, their exams will take place tomorrow. The sun was up, brightly, almost blindly, and Beomgyu was inside his bedroom—seated in front of his desk with his laptop, a pile of books, and some unused pens scattered all over. Beomgyu slouched in his seat, chin on the wooden table, gaze wandering out the open window. Something felt warm against his skin, Beomgyu shut his eyes and breathed deeply. The afternoon wind.

"I hate studying," Beomgyu frowned and propped his cheek on the palm of his hand, elbow balanced on the desk. He stared out the window, and specks of dust filled his vision—until, almost naturally, Beomgyu was now looking at Yeonjun's house. It was painted in white and brown, it looked welcoming in his line of vision, and maybe it was the sunray's doing. Yeonjun's home looked extra homey, in a way. Or maybe it was just because he missed Yeonjun.

"I want to see him..." Beomgyu said, trailing off, as he spun his pen between his fingers.

The skin between his eyebrows creased, "But I can't... we need to study. I need to study," Beomgyu groaned and scowled at his textbooks which looked like they were grinning evilly at him.