〔 二十七 〕 into the night

it all started that morning

Kakashi's team, as known as Team 7, received a summon from the Fifth Hokage, Tsunade Senju.

A lot of things had happened in the past years. He got pulled out of the ANBU, death of the Third Hokage, succession of Tsunade-hime as the Fifth, and now, he was a teacher. There were many ups and down being a teacher, but so far, he was quite contented with the bonds they shared.

"Damn, what mission are we going to have now?" The blond among the group nagged. "We can't waste time here! We should be finding Sasuke at this point! Don't ya think sensei?"

He was pertaining to Kakashi, who had always been a stoic. And yes, there was this problem with Sasuke.

"Well–" he shrugged– "it's the Godaime Hokage's words."

"That's right, Naruto," the pink-haired lass concurred to their teacher. "As much as I also want to bring Sasuke-kun back, we should take heed. Right, Sai?"

"Yes," the ANBU recruit replied, "submitting to our leader's command is a full display of loyalty."

"Tchh." Once finding out no one was on his side, Naruto kept his mouth shut.

"Now, now," Yamato-the other jonin supervisor of the seventh team—consoled the blonde youth, "if we're getting an immediate summon by the Hokage herself, this mission must be important."

Not saying a word any further, they arrived at the Hokage's Office, swung the double doors open, and saw another team greeting them.

"Oh, Shikamaru!" It was Naruto who greeted them. "Choji and Ino, too!"

It was the Team 10.

"You're summoned as well?" Sakura asked.

"Yes," Tsunade answered with an austere voice, "this will be a joint mission."

Some were clueless, some didn't mind, and some were feeling the anticipation. Whilst the two captains had already called it: this mission is a dangerous one.

"What mission will it be, Hokage-sama?" Kakashi queried.

Tsunade stared at them first with utter intensity. They already knew how fervent the female Hokage was, by means of personality and work ethics, but they also wished she could tell them the details already instead of giving them an antsy feeling.

With an exhale, she finally graced, "Another member of the Akatsuki has appeared in the between borders of Konohagakure and Amegakure."

Before she could finish her statement, Naruto—who was ignorant and impatient from all things—butted in.

"Baa-san, datteba!" he complained to the lady Hokage, "Can't you just give this mission to another team?" Naruto didn't regard this mission as unimportant, but bringing back Sasuke was his top priority.