〔 十一 〕 the self-portrait illusion

Another day of waking up

Another day of waking up . . .

Kyo had to live.

At first, she didn't know how to. She had no basic skills when it came to cooking and how to do house chores. She was pretty spoiled when her parents were still alive, but now, all she had was herself.

Unceasingly, she was given a new day, and for a young mind, it felt like she was always on a daily battle.

Living alone is never easy.

As a matter of factly, Kyo never had to worry about everything, since the Third Hokage assured her that all of her necessities would be provided.

Yet Kyo never liked the idea of owing him in the future, thus she strengthened her broken resolve and decided to face everything on her own.

The last money she possessed right now came from the wages of Minato and Kushina's death. She wanted to reject it as well, but she had to act and think wisely, so she accepted the money in the end.

On that day she lived independently, she needed to maximize her time to learn all of the essential things.

The reason why she got into the Konoha Academy was they managed to tamper the truth that Kyo came from the Land of the Mist and moved into the Leaf Village.

During the first month in the Academy, she dedicated herself to learning the Shadow Clone Jutsu. It would be very convenient if she did.

Certainly, it was a jōnin-level jutsu, and maintaining the perfect form for a long period of time was difficult, especially that no one was there to teach her, relying alone on herself.

Going to school was normal for her, but she made no interaction with everyone. Except for Izumi from the Uchiha Clan who kept on showing up.

Not to mention that she was the bridge why Kyo's path had crossed to the person she desperately wanted to be with.

She heard everything about Itachi: his admirable achievements, and being already a candidate to graduate this school year. Even the rumors spreading against his clan like a wildfire.

Kyo wanted to talk to him and tell him all of her afflictions that tormented her daily. She remembered them well, and her soul was downcast with her. God only knew how much she wanted to say that Akane was still alive . . .

Yet she kept all of her small desires inside her chest, although it strangled her to death. Sighing, she only thought that this, too, would become a memory.

Like how Akane became a memory to Itachi.

She had always been having her sights on him.

Always and always.

But it seemed like Itachi had gotten over Akane's disappearance to this world.

It hurt, but it should be that way.