Thoughtful Adoration (TA)

After a long night doing school work, it is another start to a long grueling day. You slept at 3 am doing school work last night or this morning technically. All you want to do is take a nap. Maybe you should have brought a pillow with you to school.

You roam the halls of your school. Only a few more steps then it is the lecture hall. It is in the next building, up the stairs on the second floor. You turn to the door to room 205 and see the large empty classroom.

Ugh, aren't I early again?

You go to your usual spot and plop down your bags to reserve your friends. Your watch says thirty minutes are left, so you cross your arms on the table and sleep on them. The quick nap relaxes you before the long lecture ahead.

A slap hits you on the head.

"Dong-hyun, are you finally awake?" Your friend, Sung-ho, asks you then hits you for a second time.

You check your watch. A 15-minute nap isn't so bad.

The person accompanied by Sung-ho is Hyun-woo, another friend you met at college during your home org meetings. He gives you a piece of bread for breakfast.

"Did you eat already?" He asks you.

"Not yet." You take the bread and open it from its packaging. The soft fluffy texture is something to fill your stomach until lunch.

"Did you hear what happened to the TA?" Sung-ho whisper to both of you.

Hyun-woo, ask. "Is it true?"

"That idiot doesn't even know how to ride a motorbike!" Sung-ho almost shouts.

You pull me down to stop him from spreading gossip. "Dude, maybe it was an accident."

"Nah, I saw him myself. He was trying to impress this student by doing a wheelie. But he botched it, and dropped his bike on himself."

"Did he go to the hospital?" Hyun-woo asks him, still with his juice bottle in hand.

"I saw him get in an ambulance. That guy may be smart, but he is stupid."

"Jeez, just to impress a student?" You complain. "I mean, what is he trying to do? Date her?"

"Well, if the teacher is hot, I mean, why not?" Hyun-woo laughs at you.

You roll your eyes over. A teacher or a teacher's assistant shouldn't be dating a student. It might get them into trouble with the university, especially the TA, and for you, you promised yourself you wouldn't get into those messy situations.

"Oh, did you do the assignment?" Sung-ho asks you.

"Yup." You pull it out of your bag. "Right here."

Sung-ho takes it from your hands and simultaneously grabs his assignment to copy yours.

"At least don't make it obvious."

"Sure. Sure. Sure." He waves his hands off.

You turn to Hyun-woo and give him a death stare.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I did mine."

Suddenly the door opens wide. It is the professor and a new girl that follows him. He directs her to the teacher assistant's desk and asks her to sit there.

"Okay, class. This is Ms. Kim Minju. She'll be your new teacher assistant since the old one ummm...had an accident."

Sung-ho and Hyun-woo tap on your shoulders and says. "Isn't she pretty? Totally my type." They say at the same time. But they look at each other with a glare and start to argue who she belongs to.