Puppy (✨) S.J

Y/N pov:

It was the evening, I found myself lying in bed, engrossed in the TV. Today, I was alone as my girlfriend Scarlett was occupied with a scene for an Avengers movie that they didn't need me for. She wouldn't be back until seven tonight.

I extended my hand towards the remote control and switched on the TV. Simultaneously, I picked up the PS5 controller and powered it on. With plenty of time to spare, I decided to indulge in some Avengers video game. Among the characters, Natasha was undeniably my favorite, although my opinion may be influenced by my personal bias, I can't be blame though, have you seen the way she fights! And without powers! She's simply the best avenger and no one can tell me otherwise.

...

After two hours had elapsed, marking the clock at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, I paused the game and hurried downstairs in search of sustenance. Upon entering the kitchen, I scoured the cabinets for provisions and came across a bag of chips. Placing them on the counter, I made my way to the fridge and retrieved some orange juice. Selecting a glass, I poured a generous amount into it before returning the container to the fridge. With the cup of juice and the bag of potato chips in hand, I walked upstairs back into our room.

...

The sound of a notification emanating from my phone interrupted my focus on the game. Swiftly pausing it, I retrieved my phone from the bedside table to investigate the source of the interruption. It turned out to be a text message from Scarlett.

❤️ Mommy Scarlett❤️
Hey baby, I'm on my way home
And I have a surprise?

Mommy's angel😇
Hey love, that's great! I can't wait to see you
And kiss you, I missed you, also what surprise?

❤️Mommy Scarlett ❤️
I can't wait to see you too angel,
And kiss your lips, also I can't tell you
It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you.

Mommy's angel😇
Fine I won't push it. I'll see you when you
get here then, I love you ❤️.

❤️Mommy Scarlett❤️
I love you too angel.

As soon as I read the text message that said "I love you," a wide smile spread across my face. It had been a year since we started going out, and it had undoubtedly been the most incredible year of my life. My love for her was immeasurable.

Scarlett and I were introduced by our mutual friend, Lizzie. The moment I laid eyes on her, my heart soared to the highest heavens. Its rapid and forceful thumping felt as though it could be heard by everyone around. We spent three long years as friends, during which I silently observed her dating others who only caused her heartache time and time again. It pained me to witness her tears, seeking solace in my embrace after every painful breakup.

I recall the moment I mustered up the courage to ask her out. The preparations began a day prior, carefully placing unlit candles throughout the house and adorning the furniture with rose petals and twinkling fairy lights. After wrapping up a scene for the Avengers, I extended an invitation for her to spend the night at my place. Leading her to my house, I instructed her to wait outside, leaving her slightly perplexed. Hastily, I entered the house and scattered the rose petals, swiftly igniting the Voluspa Mokara candles - her absolute favorite. Finally, I illuminated the enchanting fairy lights.