Chapter 21 : Decisions, Decisions

Israel walked around to the side of the bench press machine, removing the last 45 pound plate from the left side of the weight bar

Israel walked around to the side of the bench press machine, removing the last 45 pound plate from the left side of the weight bar. Sweat dripped off of his body as he walked to return it to the rack, so he grabbed a napkin and disinfectant spray to clean up his sweat and the last machine he used.

When he was done, he refilled his hydro-flask at the water machine and chugged it right after. He was always so unusually thirsty after a session at the gym even though he made sure to stay hydrated during the entire workout.

Anyway, he left out of the residents gym and got on the elevator to make it to the seventh floor where his condo was, ready to take a steaming hot shower yo ease the soreness in his body.

He was sitting on his bed with a towel wrapped around his waist about half an hour later, pondering on if he should call one of his chefs over to make him lunch. He didn't know the first thing about cooking, which is why he kept them on speed dial and even paid for the main one and her family to live in the same condo as him.

Before he could press the blue icon to call her, he looked up with a frown at the sound of his front door opening. Then it disappeared as he stood up, walking out of his bedroom to go greet Bria.

"Yo, what the fuck are you doing here?" His mug returned at the sight of Jada, and he internally cursed himself out for leaving his door unlocked.

"Who is that girl, Israel? Is she here?" She attempted to walk past him towards his bedroom, and he grabbed her before she could.

"Me and you ain't together no more. What do it matter? You didn't give a fuck if I was fucking off on you a few months ago-when I wasn't-so why the fuck you worried about what I got going on now?"

"Yes I did! You always try to paint me like the bad guy allll the fucking time, you don't ever mention when I was good to you! The only fucking reason I started showing out was because you stopping loving me way before we even got married. You love them fucking wood pallets and bricks more than me, and you always have." She referred to his job, and for a moment, his expression softened.

"You only fucking married me to get that damn business, you never loved me for me. You constantly ignored me way before I started putting my hands on you-and it seem like that was the only way I could get your attention. I know that's bad but what was I supposed to do Koda?!"

Israel kind of tuned her out as she continued ranting, and he found himself feeling bad at the truth that she finally decided to reveal after months of infidelity's and internal hatred towards each other.

This marriage was doomed since the day he proposed for them to be engaged, and he knew that, but asked her to marry him anyway because he did need a wife to inherit his family's company.

Although it was true that he might've ignored her presence if it didn't have to do with elevating his business in some way, he didn't think that gave her the right to put her hands on him. The same exact situation happened with her parents too; this was probably a cycle of abandonment for her. He never realized the part he played in her toxicity, even if it was unintentional.