Part IV

Nara just ended her shift. She checked her phone and noticed Junhoe texting her. From the text, and knowing Junhoe isn't around her work area. "He needs comfort," Nara thought.

 "He needs comfort," Nara thought

After reading Nara's text, Junhoe scrolled Chanwoo's account

After reading Nara's text, Junhoe scrolled Chanwoo's account. "Call me everything you want. You don't feel what I felt," Junhoe said. He then tossed his phone away.

Monday, 0650.

Hanna arrived early at the bus stop. She will go by bus because her father's car broke down. When Hanna reaches the station, Hanna notices Junhoe is around. She tries to remain calm while approaching Junhoe. At only a few meters from Junhoe, Hanna realizes Junhoe is a bit down, "Should I ask him?" she thought.

Involuntarily, Hanna did differently from what she planned. Her hands reached Junhoe's eyes, and her palm closed them. Only one person crossed Junhoe's mind, "Kim Nara. Don't do it," he said. He takes Hanna's hand, feeling it's different from Nara's. He turns and is surprised to meet Hanna, "Ah! Lee Hanna," he yelped.

"Sorry. I thought it was Nara," Junhoe added instantly. "That's fine. Hi," Hanna said. "Morning. I don't know you live nearby," Junhoe leads the conversation. "Ah. That's because I just moved here last week," Hanna explained. "I'm sorry that I startled you," Hanna added. "Same. That's a rude move from me in our first meeting," Junhoe said. It's his first time talking to Hanna, "It's not our first time," Hanna said softly.

Junhoe thinks he hears wrong, "Pardon?" he responded. "Shoot! Hanna, Junhoe may give you a wrong impression!" Hanna monologued. When they became awkward, Junhoe changed the topic. "It's rare to see you go to school by bus," Junhoe said. "Ah. My car broke down," Hanna replied. "Did you bring your bus card?" Junhoe asked. Hanna is confused but catches it later, "So, you do remember that day?" Hanna said as she finally understood Junhoe tricked her.

A year ago, Hanna met Junhoe when she first entered Seoul. On that day, Hanna planned to roam Seoul, but she didn't understand the bus route. The way of their encounter is hilarious because she thinks of him as a pervert. But, Junhoe wants to help Hanna because he notices that Hanna seems lost.

As she was about to enter the bus, Hanna's card was insufficient budget. So, Junhoe helped her to pay. Indirectly Junhoe also has to board the bus. After that day, Junhoe doesn't meet Hanna because she got a new driver that drives her to school.

******

"I have sufficient money today. Come to think of it. I haven't paid you yet," Hanna said. "Keep it. You don't owe me," Junhoe said. "It's been a while, right?" Hanna asked. "Yeah, I barely see you in school except recently," Junhoe said. Hanna was always busy representing in school competitions. "I miss you," Junhoe said. "Hmm?" Hanna responded when she couldn't hear him clearly, "No, nothing. Where is this Kim Nara?" Junhoe swerved to another topic. "Nara lives here too?" Hanna asked. "Yup, she is staying at the end of the road," Junhoe said.

He's nervous but pretends to be a cool one. Like, how can he be calm when his crush talks to him? "I need to be careful," Junhoe monologued.

Just then, the bus arrived. Junhoe entered with Hanna. "Oh, Junhoe! Where's Nara?" The bus driver greets him, "Probably late. If it's taking too long, we can go first," Junhoe jokes with the bus driver.

He's familiar enough with Junhoe and Nara. "There you are. Nara, always later than Junhoe," the bus driver said. Junhoe was about to ask Hanna to sit with him, but Nara snatched it just in time. Then, she realized Hanna was around. "Lee Hanna? Since when she goes to school by bus?" she said before she greeted her, "Hi. Hanna," Nara said. Hanna smiles sweetly to Nara.

Nara was about to ask Hanna to come near them, but the bus filled with crowds. Just then, she realizes Junhoe's expression.

"Did anything happen?" Nara asked

"Did anything happen?" Nara asked. "No. What's your excuse today?" Junhoe asked when he shifted his focus to Nara. "My alarm didn't ring," Nara replied. Just then, a thought came across her mind, "Are you shocked to find out Hanna lives nearby?" she asked.

Then, Junhoe realizes, "Wait. Right, you didn't seem to be surprised. You've known it first," Junhoe guessed. Nara turns away, "How? And why didn't you tell me??" Junhoe questioned. "I saw her a few days ago. I didn't tell you because you never ask," Nara replied. Junhoe scoffed, "Kim Nara. You!!" he reacted.

"Something did happen. What was it? Perhaps..." Nara thought.

Then, she budged Junhoe, "Junhoe-ya. You want me to swap my seat with her?" Nara asked. She felt she must've intruded on Junhoe and Hanna's moment. "Huh? Are you kidding me?" Junhoe responded. Nara is confused and tries to walk away from Junhoe, but he holds her hand. "Don't. Go. Don't even try.This bus is pack. Also, I may get a heart attack if she's close," Junhoe said.