Part VII

Before

Nara meets Chanwoo at the park near her working place. "Chanwoo? What's wrong?" Nara asked first, "Nara. I know this is too sudden, but. I want you to date me?" Chanwoo said.

*******

That statement shocked Nara, "Wait, what?! You're kidding me, right?" Nara said. "The die is cast. Date me, Nara," Chanwoo answered. Nara scoffed, "We haven't known each other for a long time. And I don't love you," Nara confronted Chanwoo.

"You've known me and Junhoe connected. I know who you're in love with. But none of it matters. My heart flutters for you since the day I enter Victory. Can you accept me?" Chanwoo asked. Nara got taken aback when he shared he knew who she fell for. Yet, she maintains her calmness. "Seriously? Are you drunk? Said something I can digest," Nara answered. Chanwoo stares into her eyes, "Chanwoo. I think it's better for you to go home and rethink," Nara said.

"Give me two months. You will fall for me," Chanwoo assured her. Nara shakes her head as she attempts to answer him. However, "Watch me well. If your feelings remain after two months, I'll give up," Chanwoo convinced Nara. "Try it, Don't say I don't warn you," Nara gives her final remark.

********

"We barely exchanged conversation. In love?! With me?! He must be crazy," Nara mumbles alone while throwing waste items from the cafe she works in, "Who managed to make you nag?" Nara recognized that voice.

Junhoe emerged out of nowhere and stood next to her

Junhoe emerged out of nowhere and stood next to her. "Argh!" she exclaimed. Nara was almost on her back. Fortunately, Junhoe catches her, "Yah! Are you that surprised to see me?" Junhoe asked. "How can I not? When did you get here?" She questions her friends, "When you said crazy. So, what does that crazy refers to?" Junhoe inquired.

"Nothing. What brings you here? Where is Hanna?" Nara responded to Junhoe, "I remember you're working today. I've sent Hanna home. Nara, I have something to tell you," Junhoe said. Nara knows that expression on Junhoe's face.

"So, you came here to tell me Hanna confessed to you? That's it? Anything else?" Nara asked when Junhoe expressed what he wanted to tell his friend. Junhoe smiles, "One of it. Second, my brother invites you for dinner tomorrow," Junhoe answered.

Nara nodded subtly, "So that's it," she said softly. Nara bends her head downs and plays with her finger. She tries not to cry in front of Junhoe, "Nara?" Junhoe asked. "Tomorrow is it? I'll be there," Nara said.

"But, you seem down. Is everything fine?" Junhoe inquired. Nara smiles, "Of course!" Nara lied. How can she feel okay when the person she was in love with slipped away from her? Nara fakes a smile while her heart shatters into pieces. Even though she has been aware of it since the beginning, it still hurts. Eventually, one must learn to accept it because Nara has wasted all her chances to confess to Junhoe. She missed telling the truth.

"I'll pick you up. Bye," Junhoe said. He doesn't offer Nara a ride because she doesn't look like her usual self. Suddenly, she stops his steps, "Junhoe-ya, can you send me home tonight? It's been a while...," Nara said.

"I'm kind of missing a ride with you," she added.

When they're on the bike, Junhoe wonders how long it has been since his last ride with Nara. "Right. It has been a while," Junhoe soliloquy.

*******

Sunday, 19:00

Junhoe entered his house with Nara after he picked her up. Junhoe's brother was busy serving the dish, "Ha! There you are," Yunhyeong greeted Nara. Nara helped Yunhyeong prepares the dinner before they sat together. "Nara, how are you? It's been a while you haven't dropped by here," Yunhyeong added a conversation. "Sorry. I was busy with school and my job," Nara said. Junhoe grins while looking at his phone. Nara is just about to ask him about it when the doorbell rings.

"I'll open them," Junhoe said. Nara turns to Yunhyeong, "Who else is joining?" Nara asked Yunhyeong. "Junhoe told she is your friend," Yunhyeong replied. At that moment, only one girl appears in Nara's mind, "If she...then,"

"Guys, meet my girl. Lee Hanna," Junhoe said to his brother and Nara. Hanna introduced herself well as Junhoe's girl in front of Yunhyeong. However, Yunhyeong glanced at Nara. Yunhyeong was obviously rivet upon hearing Junhoe's words, "Girlfriend?? How? Since when?" he was surprised.

Nara remained calm as she already guessed it from the beginning, "I thought Nara's your person," Yun added spontaneously. Nara's eyes widen as she's afraid Hanna will misunderstand, especially when Hanna already looks at her. Nara choked a bit, "Oppa!" she gasped. "How can you assume that?" Nara laughed. She holds her tears, "We're friends. Only friends," Nara continued.

"So true. She's my best friend," Junhoe supported Nara. Nara sipped her drink, "You don't seem surprise by the news," Yunhyeong said. "It's because I already knew everything," Nara responded while looking at her friends, "Ya! You could've just told me Hanna will join too. I was nervous for nothing," Nara said. "Did I made you nervous?" Hanna asked, "Hm. I was wondering who would it be the second you rang the bell," Nara answered Hanna.

"This is unfair. I'm your brother and I'm the last to know?" Yunhyeong said. "You two is the earliest. We happened recently," Junhoe refers to his relationship. At that dinner, Nara gives her best efforts to suppress her feelings. If Junhoe could only see through Nara's heart, he'd know she wasn't strong. That Nara was that fragile when it came to him. Even the slightest hint of his affection could make her heart flutter.

But, she must let him go. Go for good. If only Junhoe didn't have feelings for Hanna, and if only Nara dared to confess, it wouldn't be so hard to love Junhoe. Certainly, unrequited love wouldn't be their situation. That night, Nara looked at Junhoe's picture. "Congrats Nara. You've wasted your efforts and chance," she monologued.