Chp.1/first encounter

Every day repeats itself. I wake up, brush my hair and teeth, cleanse myself, and to top it off I put on an endless supply of ball gowns. Princess life isn't all it's cracked up to be. I feel like I'm being held captive simply because I have "duties'' and "responsibilities" for the life I didn't choose, but I wonder, is there somewhere out there where I could just be me, and not me with pounds of makeup or jewelry on, holding a plastered smile to my face.

I end the thought because truly someone like me could only dream of that life. "Emilia'' the older maid said from behind my door. "Come in" The door to my room opened. Maria had a paper of some sort along with a dress behind her. The color appeared to slap me in the face. "Your schedule for the next few days Princess Emilia '' She curtsied and stood back while I took in the fact this wasn't any regular ball gown. It was a white ball gown. "Remind me, Maria, how many more days till I am betrothed to the prince of Wellington" She looked at me with sympathy but that's not what I needed. Not right now.

"You have Four more days princess." I took in a deep breath of air. I knew I was destined to marry the prince from Wellington. Not like I had a choice, and you would be surprised to find out that when I asked why I had to marry a man I had never once met, my father went on with the fact that joining countries would simply make our army better. Anything for my father, right?

I scratch the dreaded days of what my future looks like. I get dressed in a light blue simple dress with poofy shoulders. My brunette hair lays on my shoulders as I exit my room.

I enter the dining room where I see my mother sitting alone eating a scone and drinking tea. Sometimes I wonder if my mother met someone before my father. Was she happy with the person she was with and had to be forced into a marriage out of her control? The thought ponders in my brain a moment longer until I make my presence known. "Oh hello dear," she says sweetly with a soft smile. "Where is father?" she took a sip of her warm tea before answering me "He's in the study discussing the plan for war with some of the other leaders" I nodded my head and took off while my mother said do not bother him, but when it comes to me, I never really listen to the rules anyway.

I notice the door is cracked just a little. There are mixed voices arguing about something so I decide to tune in. "How are we supposed to win this battle? He always seems to know our next move" one man says "I say we just attack from the north and east side" All the men are bickering until my father's voice quiet's the men "Gentlemen, I've heard enough. We are not going to attack right now, the safest option is to wait so he doesn't suspect we are coming up with a plan. This man is far stronger than any of our kingdoms combined. If we wait just a little bit longer we can defeat him and take over his kingdom once in for all" The kings started to praise my father for his so-called "amazing" plan.

They all started coming out of the door one by one. "Dad?" I questioned waiting for a response.
"Come in Emilia" he allowed. "What seems to be the problem?" I hesitantly looked up at his face "Who were you talking about?" he sighed and rubbed the temple of his nose "Well if you must know. The king of Shadowing Peak is the strongest ruler out of all the nations. He has the strongest army anyone has ever seen, and well he is trying to change things to benefit him and I cannot and will not have that" He spoke with calmness but behind it was pure anger.

"Dad, I could help you. It would be simple- Emilia" my dad stopped me from going on "You are a princess, not a prince. Your duties are not to fight in war!" I didn't say another word, but instead shut the door behind me as I walked out. There is no point in arguing with someone like my father.

The day continued as a sat and read about the man who I am supposed to marry. He turned 19 a month ago, he has light blonde hair with blue eyes, and he even hosts charity events to help the poor. Maybe this marriage won't be as bad as I thought it would.