Jealousy

It was second period on a Tuesday and Clyde and Tolkien were skipping their chemistry class.

It's been around two weeks since they started practicing and Tolkien had no clue how many kisses the two have shared. Probably around 200 by now, but who cares? It didn't mean anything and only they knew.

"Oh man," Clyde stretched his arms, "I fucking hate Chemistry class. Like it makes ZERO sense, the tests suck, and the teacher barely even fucking teaches!"

"Yeah it's totally bullshit." Tolkien agreed. "Her fucking class is the only one I got a C in and my parents are always on my ass about it nowadays."

Tolkien was leaning against the wall looking at his phone while the Clyde was sitting on the sink counter looking at his best friend. Usually they would hide in the locker room or in one of the stalls to skip class, but it was close to summer and they really didn't give a shit anymore. So they remained out in the open with a care in the world.

"Oh I gotta tell you something!" Clyde suddenly remembered, "I got invited to another party. It's a college one so there will for sure be booze there."

"Oh my god..." Tolkien looked up from his phone in disappointment, "Another party? You know how Bebe is nowadays about those."

Clyde shrugged. Bebe used to be a party animal especially after the "Whore Girls" incident when they were in fourth grade. However lately a lot of the girls in their school had been taking a pledge not to go to parties anymore because of how rough around the edges they can be. Who was the one campaigning for parties to be more under control? You guessed it. Wendy fucking Testaburger.

"Oh whatever." Clyde pulled out his phone, checking his socials. "If Bebe wants to be pissy about it with me she can just not go with me. I'll just invite someone else to go with me."

"Yeah?" Tolkien replied in a condescending tone, "Like who? Better not be a girl Clyde Donovan. Bebe would literally murder you."

"No! Not a chick!" Clyde yelled, his cheeks a bit red. He then muttered the next part, "Probably like, you or something."

"Who?" Tolkien didn't hear him.

"I said YOU, you idiot."

"Oh."

"Yeah," Clyde put his phone away, "I'm gonna go tell her next period during reading class. I'll say something like 'Don't worry master there will be NO drinking in this household!' or something."

Tolkien laughed as Clyde crossed his arms out in the X symbol and raised his eyebrows dramatically. If Tolkien was being honest with himself though, he really hoped that Bebe would say no to Clyde. I mean, going to a college party? Sounded like fun! Especially if he was going with his best friend.

"Oh, and-" Clyde began.

"What's up?" Tolkien said grabbing his backpack. It was almost time for next period.

"Want to come over to my house again?" Clyde asked, "You know, so we could like, practice and stuff."

"Uh..." Tolkien thought for a moment, "Sure, sounds good with me. I'll have to tell my mom though."

The bell then rang loudly and the two walked out of the bathroom like they totally didn't spend the entire period there. They walked out of the bathroom as casually as they could, hoping that no one would notice their absence.

————

"Hey Dad!" Clyde yelled from the staircase, "I'm gonna be in my room with Tolkien if you need me!"

Clyde waited for a second. No answer. He signaled Tolkien to walk upstairs with him and entered his room.

"Is your dad not home or something?" Tolkien asked, putting his school bag down on Clyde's carpet.