Things I can't tell you

After what happened with Dae, I managed to get her to let me go by telling her I had class. Which was not a lie. I was 10 minutes late by the time I arrived. Thankfully it wasn't Mr. Andrew's class, but I know he's going to text me about it later. He's obsessed with my attendance.

I sat down in my spot quietly, taking my books out from my bag and setting up my workspace. Making sure everything is organized in some manner. The professor continued her lesson, only stopping for a second to nod at me, as though acknowledging my tardiness.
*
*
*
Time flew, and by the time I got a call from Adi, it was already time to get ready for our outing.

"Are you on your way yet? Your professor is already here and I don't know what to say to him." Adi confessed. "I don't think he likes me."

"Ooof, gimme... 20 minutes. No, fifteen. I'll be there as soon as I can, sorry my class ran long." I explained from across my dorm as I was throwing things everywhere while trying to find an outfit that yelled "IM STRAIGHT I PROMISE".

I stopped momentarily to sit on my couch and breathe for 5 minutes, reassuring myself that it was okay.

"You're the straightest fucker out there." I muttered to myself. Slapping my cheeks lightly. "You got this. You're not a faggot. You like pussy. Fuck bitches get money." I hyped myself up then grabbed the plainest clothes I could find and ran out of the room.

I hunted down a taxi and told him to step on it. As we were getting closer I started to panic again.

What if she tells him about the wedding? Or about me leaving? What if he's told them we're dating? Or that I'm gay?"

"It's okay it's okay it's okay." I reminded myself. "Pussy." I hyped myself up and stepped out of the car once we arrived. I handed the driver a few bills and he responded with a weird look and a quiet "thanks".

I ran inside the restaurant, looking around until I saw the familiar head of wavy brown hair.

"Connor!" Dae ran up to hug me.

"H-hey guys." I laughed awkwardly. "Sorry I'm late. My class ran long."

"No worries," Dae laughed and wrapped her arms around me. "We were just talking about your professor."

"R-really?" I laughed awkwardly, letting myself be pulled by Dae and then sitting down next to her while Adi and Jake sat next to eachother awkwardly. I guess my outfit looked too Hetero because I received a weird look from Mr. Andrews. I signed to him that I'd explain later, not sure if he understood ASL. To my surprise he signed back "I know".

"What were you talking about?" I laughed a little too hard.

"I was just thanking him for tutoring you. And he was telling us you improved drastically since he began doing so." After she said this, Dae began to dig through her Coach bag until she pulled out an invitation in a pristine white envelope, with a sheer white ribbon with gold lace tied across it. Instantly I recognized it as my wedding invite. Panicking, I took the invite from Dae's hand and grabbed her arm to puller her out of the booth and to a private area.

"Dae, what is that?" I asked, pretending not to know.

"Our wedding invite silly!" Dae giggled and leaned forward to peck my lips. After which I looked around quickly to see if Mr. Andrews had seen. He didn't. He was talking to Adi, while Adi looked like he could shit himself from how nervous he was. "I was envious of the professor at first, but now im more grateful to him than anything because he helped you improve while i wasn't here. Of course, now that i am, I'll be the one to tutor you! I was top of my class for maths you know." She smiled at me.