All Because of A Hangover (4)

TW: Internalized Homophobia, poorly written fight scene, blood, cursing

Pony had his face turned away from Johnny. "Pony, it'll be alright.." Johnny tried to put his arm around him but Pony moved away not wanting to be touched. "Pony-" Johnny went to try and comfort Pony but footsteps creeped up from behind. A group of tall white boys wearing Madras Shirts, Johnny looked around for the noise and noticed a blue mustang parked in the lot. Johnny paused and sat up.

"Pony-" Johnny jerked Pony's shoulder to get his attention.

Pony looked up and instantly saw the mustang.

"Should we split?"

"Neither of us are in the shape for runnin' right now Johnny... We both are still limping around everywhere.." Pony mumbled. "I ain't in the mood for dealin' with these Socs either though.. Let's just see what they want, we can run if needed.. But I don't mind fightin' back either..."

"Alright-" Johnny said nervously.

The footsteps got closer still not in view yet. "Just stay calm Johnny, I can deal with em.. You should head back home, I can run away if I need to, you can't.." Pony mumbled and nudged Johnny.

"I can't just leave you alone with em Pony..! They could kill you..! You know how they fight..!"

Johnny was right, and Pony knew this. The last time they had gotten jumped there was at least 4 of them. "Yeah, we're gonna be outnumbered."

"Johnny I don't care.. It'll be better if only one of us is hurt just go..!" He started trying to push Johnny away. He knew Johnny was right, he knew he wouldn't be able to deal with them, but he didn't care. B

Johnny wasn't letting Pony get him away easily but Pony heard the footsteps getting closer. "Johnny just fucking go!" He accidentally yelled. He didn't mean to yell, and felt a bit bad.

Johnny was a bit freaked out but just listened and ran off, feeling terrible the entire time.

Pony saw the Socs getting closer and backed up a bit. "What're you Socs doing here.."

The Socs started to back Pony up into a corner. "Well, well... If it isn't Ponyboy Curtis.. Just who we wanted to see.." One of them started to reach for something in his back pocket.

Pony's eyes got a bit wide and he backed up. "What do you guys want. You ain't gonna get anything from me, so don't bother."

The Socs laughed. "Looks like little old Curtis thinks he can tell us what to do.." The Soc who was reaching in his back pocket pulled out a 6-inch switchblade, and flicked it open, ready to use it.

Pony backed up a bit more. "You fuckers ain't doin' anything to me.." He looked around and found a bottle then broke it. "Or else.." He pointed the broken edge at them. He was tired. Too tired to fight, and he knew that.

The Socs took that as a challenge and immediately ran at him.

Pony swung the bottle around, making the socs take a step back. Pony stood there holding the bottle towards them, aiming the bottle at each of them one by one trying to look tough.

The Socs looked at each other and then without a second thought, they were trying to take the bottle from Pony and trying to get him to the ground. The Soc with the switchblade was cutting up Pony's arms, face, and anywhere he could really.

——————————————————————————————————————————

.. MEANWHILE ..

——————————————————————————————————————————

Johnny busts open the door, quickly rushing to explain. He didn't realize until Darry interrupted him, that they couldn't make sense of what he was telling them.