Chapter 2: Fired Up

The security guard opens the door for the zombies to enter the building

The security guard opens the door for the zombies to enter the building. Even though they were going straight to the basement. Principal Lee wouldn't want them to be seen in public. The zombies need to be accepted regardless of what the people think of them.

"Okay, let's go." said the security guard, talking to the zombies.

"Come on, you guys, we're in a real school. No more classes in a dingy basement." said the zombie boy, feeling optimistic.

The friend then speaks in the zombie language, agreeing with him.

As soon as they entered the basement, the zombie girl knew she had something to say to her friend.

"You were saying?" said the zombie girl.

"I'm Principal Lee. We are thrilled to be forced to have... you here." said Principal Lee, squealing in fright as she walked to the door. "Do not leave the basement. Have a great year."

"Principal Lee?" said the zombie boy, getting her attention.

"Okay." She stops in front of them.

"I was just wondering... how do I try out for the football team?"

"And the computer coding club?" said the zombie girl.

The friend then speaks in the zombie language again.

"Right. Music classes. Bonzo's an artist. He's classically trained." said the zombie boy.

The friend starts playing the tuba while singing.

🎵🎵 Ahh, ahh, ahhhhhh 🎵🎵

"Oh, yeah, okay, zip it." said Principal Lee, sternly. "Let me ask this. Do any of these include leaving the basement?"

"Well... yeah. I guess." said the zombie boy, looking at his friends.

"Then, I guess you don't. So no tryouts for you. I'm sorry. I don't mean it. Have a great day. That's just an expression. Excuse me." She said, walking past them as she left the room.

"Okay, let's do some grammar or something," said Mr. Zeck.

"This is supposed to be chemistry," said the zombie girl.

"Look, 45 minutes ago, I was a janitor, kid, so bear with me."

The zombie boy then sneaks out of the basement.

"What am I doing ? I'm on my way to football tryouts." He said, sneaking around the hallway. "Woah. Yeah, I know it's a high-risk move, but I've got smarts and stealth on my side."

He then bumped into something.

"Arg!" He groans in pain.

"Rogue zombie!" said Stacey, activating the alarm as she ran away in fright.

"Wait, what?"

The alarm goes off.

"Wait..."

Everyone was screaming and running to different places around the school.