Hiraishin

Thanks to Mito Uzumaki's help, you've learned everything you needed to know to understand the daily routine of Konoha, though you'd only start to think of it as your home when you were at your own house, managing your own tasks – or so you hoped. You still had to think of how your life under the same roof as Tobirama Senju would be, and no matter the direction your guesses in this sense would take, they all led you to the same place: whatever it was expecting you there, it shouldn't be less than a challenge.

During those days, with the work regarding the treaty, your communication with your parents, who kept you informed about everything that was going on at the compound (to whom you had to reassure about your well being in every message even when they had a brief conversation with Mito before they left) and the moments you've spent with Hashirama's wife, you have been avoiding any question on this topic, only speaking about it when you were doing something directly connected to the ceremony, such as trying your clothing while the dressmaker made the necessary adjusts and to discuss the hair style. The messages from Tobirama's part were brief and few, always directed to his brother and only to keep him in touch about the mission in the Land of Wind.

The first and only exception was the last one, which was written to you.

You received it from the Hokage himself, who took a moment at lunch time to leave the office and bring it to you. You startled when Hashirama offered you the roll with the message guarded inside a seal like an official letter. You read the writing on the seal and recognized the category used in the correspondence between your clan and its allies, including the Senju. You have opened this type of message countless times during your work as the head's eldest daughter.

- I mentioned in one of my letters that you know how to break this type of seal, since you did it many times while working with your father – he explained – He must have remembered this detail when he decided to send it like this.

- I see – you mumbled, looking at the seal – Well, I would never expect him to remember something that was only mentioned once.

Hashirama smiled.

- You do not know him yet, y/n-san. To be honest, I myself didn't remember it until I saw this roll. But my brother's brain works differently.

You were about to ask if such measure was really necessary in this type of mailing, but then you considered Hashirama's last words. You accepted the roll from his hand and put it on a small table close to you. Using the habitual hand signs, you broke the seal; a thin column of smoke covered the roll for an instant, then disappeared to reveal a common paper sheet.

You took the letter and found a steady, verticalized calligraphy distributed in three brief paragraphs, after which you saw his name written in a slightly wider style.

This was what you read:

To my betrothed, from the ... clan:

Y/n-san, since this is the first time I write to you, it is only natural to expect this letter to be one of a particular nature, in which I would express my feelings towards our engagement and the perspective of returning to Konoha to finally meet you. However, the circumstances force me to write about a different topic. I hope you understand the situation and do not take it as a s ign of discontentment or disinterest from my part.

According to the plans established between me and the Hokage, my return to the village was settled for tomorrow, but an unforeseen event will require my presence in the Land of Wind for a l onger period, so that my stay here will extend for more three days . I have searched for all the possible alternatives to this problem , but the best arrangement I could get was this one. Considering the distance between the Land of Wind and the Land of Fire, the time our entourage will need to organize every thing before the journey home and my personal preparations for the ceremony once we are back , our wedding will be delayed in at least ... days. I apologize for this inconvenience, with which I myself am displeased.