Uzumaki Princess

Because your compound was far from the village and you wanted to avoid unnecessary work, it was settled between your family and Hashirama that your parents would return to your territory to take care of the remaining matters, for they would sent part of your people to live in Konoha in the near future, but this would not happen before the marriage that would symbolize the new step of the alliance between your clans, so you would stay there until Tobirama's return. You would be responsible for getting familiar with the village, the people and all the minor, practical aspects of the life there, so that your fellow clan members would get the necessary orientation from you.

You saw this arrangement with apprehension. Staying there, alone in a strange place while waiting for your future husband to come back and then having no time to even talk to him before the wedding? The things you had to endure for the good of your people... But you wouldn't complain. Tobirama, as much as his brother, must have had to get through so much to finally give their own people – and others' ones – a place to rest. What you had to do now was nothing in comparison to it. And though you haven't been through the same as them, you didn't want to stay behind.

But it wasn't like you had to stay on your own to find out how things worked in your new home. Mito Uzumaki, Hashirama's wife, was assigned by him to provide you the accommodations and information you needed not only regarding your new life, but also your duties as a politician's wife and less formal matters, such as the social events you should expect to attend if you wanted to meet new, interesting people.

At first you were a bit nervous with the idea of staying in the company of the Uzumaki princess, but once you met her, your worries about the socialization disappeared: the reception she prepared for you was everything but formal. She greeted you with an honest smile and asked to be called Mito-san. She also stated that she became immediately interested in meeting you once she heard you were a shinobi like her.

Mito, a tall woman with intelligent, small, black eyes and the red hair of the Uzumaki tied up in two buns sustained with a pair of hairpins, was one of those people capable of uniting the most contradicting traits in themselves and still be genuine, for she had in her gestures and voice the softness one would expect to see in a woman of her position and family, but in her ideas and the vivid way she expressed them the same strength people believed only could be found in men.

You talked about your arrival, your travel (which she knew it was long), your parents and part of what was discussed between you and Hashirama. At some moment, she pointed out that you should be feeling a bit lost, so that you could count on her on whatever you needed. You thanked her helpfulness and then tea was offered, because according to her, "sake was only for the nights and the weekends".

You drank your tea and answered all her questions as best as you could, but your mind kept going back to the conversation at the Hokage's office; you couldn't help but keep thinking that something in all of this was... off.

Your discomfort didn't go unnoticed by Mito, who stared at you behind her teacup.

- For someone who just said they made the right decision for their clan, you don't seem too satisfied with the arrangement – she put the teacup back on the stray – Is it about the treaty itself, or about the wedding?

You sighed and put your teacup down too.

- Well, both, because these two issues are entwined, or so they seem to be in my eyes.

The princess raised an eyebrow.

- I see. You have a tendency to overthinking, right? – and with a brief smile – Let's try one thing at a time, then. What's bothering you about the treaty?

Her organized way of thinking brought you the confidence you needed to speak out, and you tried to explain the issue with as much details as you found necessary.