Cold

It was early in the morning and you woke up to find out you caught a cold.

A soreness in your throat was the first thing you sensed once you opened your eyes, but you were too tired to stand up and seek for water, and your head felt too heavy for you to move. You sighed: so that was what you gained for working so hard. You didn't think you were so susceptible.

With effort, you turned to your side under the sheet only to have the unpleasant discovery of a running nose. The irritation overcame your exhaustion and you finally sat on the futon, standing there for minutes to prepare yourself and head to the bathroom in order to clean your nostrils...

But before you could do it, you heard the sounds of steps approaching your spot. The room was so quiet that you thought you were alone in it, but you looked up and found Tobirama approaching with some objects in hands. When he stopped and knelt beside the futon, you identified the things as paper towels and a cup with some steamy liquid of citric smell.

He bent down and gave you the items without a word. You mumbled a "thank you" and spent the next minutes alternating between the cup and the towels.

When you finally were able to speak, the first thing you said was all but unexpected:

- This is the worst moment for one to catch a cold – you grunted with your palms around the cup half full, your voice nothing more than a whisper – I can't believe I've been long enough under the water to end up like this.

- To be fair, we've been spending long periods in the wild, including in wet territories – he crossed his arms – Your current condition is not entirely unexpected when we think of this.

You thought of asking why he didn't seem to be as affected as yourself when you have been under the influence of the same weather, but after being with him for a while you could just suppose this endurance had something to do with the Senju blood, so you just nodded and said nothing.

You left the bed and went to the bathroom at last, washed your face and were going to take your things to prepare a hot bath. When you looked at your side, you noticed the bathtub was already full.

- I filled it and heated the water moments ago – Tobirama's voice came from the bathroom's door – It is better to check the temperature before entering it.

You looked from the tub to him, and then back to the tub. You went there and put your fingers in the water; it was still warm.

- It's still good – and with a pause – Thank you.

He accepted it with a nod and was turning to leave, when you called him.

- Was it possible to find shelter and food for all the people who stood here? How are they going by now?

- They are trying their best despite the circumstances – the reply was categorical, as if he wasn't surprised with the sudden change in the conversation's direction at all – And yes, there are enough resources for all of them. The inn's staff, Yoko-san and my Clones have been working on this since last night. Messages have been sent to the villages near, requesting supplies and help. Fortunately no one got sick, just tired. The children are the ones having the hardest time to understand the situation, but Yoko-san and the female workers are giving their mothers the necessary support.

You felt a twinge of discomfort when you heard that. So everyone was working to give the victims of the storm all they needed, including your husband, while you would have to stay in your room just because of a stupid cold. Great.

Again, Tobirama's voice brought you back from your deliberations.

- Y/n-san. You do not need to tire yourself out thinking of this. You have done enough. Remember that it was your family's jutsu that saved all those lives. If there is someone to whom they owe gratitude, it is you.