Chapter 27: The Ten Commandments

"Try to keep your composure, losing it can be very dangerous here." Dreyfus says, it kind of confuses me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask but I don't get an answer. We soon land in this really pretty area, but the dark ominous energy is kind of ruining it. I look around at the odd group of very scary feeling people.

"What's the meaning of this Fraudrin?" A short guy asks but he looks so similar to Meliodas, and it doesn't really sound like a question, it almost sounds like some kind of threat. Suddenly, someone very familiar lands in front of me.

"You're still alive? I thought I killed all of you." His words instantly piss me off.

"Galand, I would appreciate it if you didn't provoke her." Dreyfus says as he puts his hand on my shoulder, what is happening? I feel so anxious and frustrated, is this a trap? If Galand is here, then this must mean these are the rest of the 10 Commandments. What is Dreyfus doing with a group of monsters like this?

"She does have a temper, doesn't she?" Galand says before laughing. "You brought us another healer? I thought Gloxinia was enough for us." I can feel my blood heating, no, boiling up. "Well, at least you finally realize what side is the winning one." He leans forward as he speaks, getting right in my face. I can hear Dreyfus let out a very irritated sigh behind me. "Watching the strongest people that you know die, can do that, can't it?" He leans back laughing. The palm of my hand heats up so quickly that by the time I realize it hurts there's already a dark purple wall of blazing fire in front of me. A few seconds and gasps later a loud 'clank' can be heard from right in front of me. The fire and smoke clears to show Galand laughing with his blade about a foot from my shoulder and Dreyfus's sword blocking it.

"I told you not to provoke her." And that's the last thing I hear before my vision goes blurry and then I collapse.  

My hand hurts so much that it wakes me up. I instinctually grabbed my hand before I even opened my eyes. I look at the burns on my hand, my glove is badly melted, probably what caused the burns.

"Well, it's about time you woke up." I hear Dreyfus say, I turn my head towards him.

"Dreyfus...?" I mumble before he takes a deep sigh.

"I've been wondering when you would figure out that I'm not Dreyfus but then I realized something. You never met Dreyfus, not before he became my vessel, you were born after that." He says, I sit up confused looking at him. "You can call me Fraudrin from now on." He smirks as he offers me his hand again, to stand up this time, not make some deal again.

"Why...?" I mutter, what am I asking? Even I don't know. I take his hand and stand.

"Why what?" He says, but I don't know the answer either, I guess a part of me was hoping he'd answer the question I keep asking myself but, it's so incomplete, it's probably the reason I don't know the answer. I look around and they're just sitting there, staring at me.

"I grew up with a member of the 10 Commandments...?" I mutter, Fraudrin was barely able to hear it, "and then a member of the 7 Deadly Sins...?" For some reason nothing seems to make sense anymore. Fraudrin pats me on the head.

"Yeah, you've had a hectic life, huh?" I turn my head towards him. "You said you were scared to be alone again, now you're not. And yet you don't seem the least bit happy." I glance around again just trying to understand what's going on, see their true intentions. "You aren't a normal member of the human race, with the upcoming war, if you stayed with those human's they'd turn on you for having demon blood in you. But us? You are a demon, you're one of us. As long as you don't betray us like Meliodas, you'll have us."