XII. SEARCHING FOR CID

While Hunter, Echo and Omega went to town to get some credits and perhaps buy something of requirements which they weren't supplied by the Republic anymore, Tech got Wrecker to rip out some parts of the ship in case to find the signature code and scramble it.

Aria was sitting on the side and watching, and Tech proceeded to name each thing from the inside of the Marauder, which he turned into a wide lecture of way more things than Aria was ready to take in. She tried her best to memorize it, but she could feel like Tech's words turned into one long techno-babble that she could no longer recall after a few minutes. Even if he was being very specific about each component, Aria found herself in bewilderment when he used words she didn't understand to explain it further.

The realization that he might've left out some 'obvious' (for him) details came too late, when Hunter contacted them via the comm and said that Omega have been taken by someone. Wrecker went into pursuit momentarily and Tech hacked into the city's security footage to find her.

Aria had never been so stressed in her entire life. She anxiously awaited until Hunter or Wrecker would say that Omega's safe, but that didn't come until half an hour when everyone gathered in the ship and they left Pantora as fast as they could.

The second Omega stepped into the ship, she latched herself to Aria and buried her face in her shirt. Aria held her close, running her hands through her hair to shoosh her after the wild run from a woman that tried to kidnap her.

Aria just felt relieved that Omega was safe and sound. That Hunter managed to help her and bring her back to the ship.

Omega clung to her even when they went to the cockpit, where the boys already gathered. Their expressions were coated with worry as they sat silently, with streaking blue lights of hyperspace. Omega would be enthralled by them, like the previous few times they appeared, but not this time. Right now, her hands were clasped tightly on the jacket Aria wore, her body pressed against her figure as her mouth turned into a concerned pout. Aria placed her good hand on the back of Omega's head to assure her that she wasn't about to let go.

"She has to be a bounty hunter," Hunter spoke first with a thoughtful expression clouding his already darkened features.

"A what?" Omega breathed out.

"Someone hired to retrieve targets," Echo explained. His eyebrows were furrowed into a deep frown.

"And you appear to be the target," Tech added.

"Hey! Don't scare the kid," Wrecker exclaimed, noticing how Omega tightened her grip around Aria, so much that her knuckles turned white.

Hunter glanced at each of his brothers, a determined look in his eyes when he decided, "We have to find out who she is and who hired her."

Aria knitted her eyebrows together as an idea popped into her mind.

"There might be a way..." she started slowly. They looked at her questioningly, so she went to elaborate. "I've heard of a Jedi informant, he always made it to get the intel we needed. He was a reliable source that helped a lot of times."

Hunter's curiosity, or maybe it was determination to find out who and why would want to take Omega, showed when he raised his eyebrows at her.

"Do you know where we can find him?" he inquired.

"Ord Mantell. That's where his parlor is."

He looked toward Tech and gave him a nod. Tech turned around in his chair and plotted the course, Aria assumed. She was suprised regardless, that they'd take that shot out of the bat.

"And you trust him?" Echo asked skeptically.

Aria merely shrugged. "The Jedi trusted him."

"The Jedi who are all dead?" Tech deadpanned.