Chapter three

They had grown closer together and enjoyed each other's company immensely. They would often spend time together, going on romantic dates or simply watching movies at home. Their relationship was strong, and they had been through a lot together. They were confident that they could continue to make the relationship last. On his way to Alice's workshop, Optimus passed by a few other workstations and he could hear the faint sound of laughter coming from one of them. He smiled to himself, realizing how much the NEST base had changed since he had first joined. He was happy to see that everyone seemed to be in good spirits. When Optimus entered her workshop, she was thrilled to see him. She ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

"Hello, Optimus."

Alice said warmly.

"It's so good to see you."

Optimus smiled and returned her hug.

"Hello, Alice,"

Optimus said.

"It's good to see you too." "So, what made you drop by?"

Alice asked.

"I wanted to see you, Alice and see how you are doing." Optimus said as he held an arm around her waist as they looked at her invention.

"This is impressive."

Optimus said.

"It's your blaster, I thought I'd modify it for ya."

Alice said.

"Alice, you are a genius."

Optimus said as he swung her around. Alice was then sat on the empty space of her workbench. Optimus then told in front of her and he was close to her.

"This is why NEST hired you, because of your knowledge of mechanics and technology beyond human comprehension."

Optimus said smiling gently holding her waist Alice smiled at Optimus's gesture. Alice felt her heart pounding with excitement and joy. She had been waiting for this moment for a long time, and now she was finally getting the recognition she deserved. She felt grateful and proud for having the opportunity to work with NEST and its amazing team. She smiled back at Optimus and nodded in agreement. Alice hopped of the bench as she got back to work when Sideswipe walked in.

"Sup

Sideswipe said.

"Sideswipe, hey, what's up?"

Alice said.

"My gun is jammed."

Sideswipe said.

"Yeah, uh let me grab my tools."

Alice said as she set up her station.

"So, what's wrong with your blaster?" "The chamber got shot at." Sideswipe said. "This is the tenth time this month you've destroyed my hard work."

Alice said waving her wrench at the bigger mech. Optimus stood watching his girlfriend work on the weapon.

"You break my invention again, I'll turn ya into a toaster."

Alice said with her thick Texan accent. Optimus chuckled at her threat toward Sideswipe. Sideswipe looked at Optimus with a worried expression, hoping he would jump in and save him from Alice's wrath. Optimus just smiled and shook his head.

"You better listen to her, Sideswipe. I think she means it." "She did throw a wrench at me for speeding through her workspace."

Sideswipe said.

"Yeah do it again, I take your tires."

Alice said sternly as she was working on Sideswipe's cannon. Sideswipe was taken aback by Alice's response.