CHAPTER 3: I Think Im Going Nowhere

I was sitting outside, staring at what was left of the night sky. It was going to be daytime soon, so I'll have to head in the spaceship in a minute. I really regret what I said to V. That was so...mean. And Uzi won't talk about anything... which is fine! Maybe she isn't that comfortable with me yet? Maybe she's embarrassed? I just wish I could make everyone happy.

Why can't I do that

Why can't I be useful?

Why am I so terrible...?

So worthless...

Unlovable creature...

Just a scrap of metal lying around, oh so useless.

I mean... does anyone actually care...?

...

     Something got me thinking about what V said. About That day. Do I... remember everything clearly? Or does she know something I don't? Why does she hate Uzi so much? I mean I get that she's attacked her... but even before that. Can they really not get along...? I decided to walk in the corpse wall, so I don't burn to a crisp. Maybe I could get some sleep...

~

...

I remember most of that day...

The pulling, the ripping...

The pain.

"Goodness! These things are so incredibly useless! Ugh! Get them out of my sight!

...

"W-what the... hell happened to them??! Why do they look so... demonic! What did that little beast do? Is that meat??!"
"Calm yourself! Maybe we could take this as an opportunity to claim Copper 9 back..."
"And how do you suppose we do that??"
"Nothing a little tweaking and remodeling couldn't do. I say we modify them to kill all the worker drones there."
"Then how do we get rid of those- those... disgraceful things?!"
"We'll make it to where they will overheat, and die without oil. They will also burn in the sun. There. Once one problem is solved, one created. After the first problem is solved, the second one will eventually- and quickly be solved."
"Mm... I say you haven't had a good idea in ages. Sigh. This better work, or so help me you'll end up like those... worthless scraps of metal."
"Tch. I have high hopes in this project."

"I already know it will work"

"N! Gosh wake up you idiot!"
"H-Huh!?"
"Jeesh. Finally, took you long enough. Seems like someone was tired, it's been night for awhile. Thought you died or something."
"And you came to check up on me?"
"Ugh. It's not anything serious. Also the purple grape is here."
"The purple- oh. Uzi?"
"Mmh."
"Where is she?"
"Well, get up and look."
"Sigh."

     I let out a small smile at V, before going to find out where Uzi was. It didn't take me long to find her, she was just in the spaceship fixing it up. I immediately greeted her with a happy smile, happy that she was here."Hey Uzi!
"Hey. Seems like someone was tired."
"Haha! V just said the same thing!!"
"Oh woo... I'm sooooo happy. Anyways, I found some spare parts around your worker wall or whatever you call it. Decided I would try fixing up the spaceship a bit."
"Ah- corpse wall! And that's amazing Uzi!"
"But also... I decided to look through some books, in hope to find something about this curse."
"Oo! Did you find anything? Do you need help looking through some books?"
"No. I did find something though. There's a tape, it explains what to do with... well me. Apparently we're called "Zombie Drones."  Definitely fits. But these humans have the tape, I'm assuming at least. I was hoping it might have something about how to get rid of this."
"Oh, I'm sure it will Uzi. But hey, now we're one step closer to getting rid of the virus!"
"Wish it was already gone..."
"Don't worry, it will be gone before you know it. I know you can do it."
"...thanks."
"Mmh! Happy to help ya. I'm going to go stare at the stars, feel free to join if you want!"
"Maybe I will. I've gotta work on this spaceship a bit though."
"Oh, alright. Have fun Uzi."
"Yeah, you too I guess."