CHAPTER 5: Enamor

Me and Uzi were sitting on the rooftop for awhile now. She didn't show any sign of wanting to go back anytime soon. I caught her looking at me a few times, which she only awkwardly looked away. I smirked at her sudden reaction. It was hilarious to me. We were both lying on our backs, just staring into the night sky. The soft glow from the stars, and the other planets in the sky made for a peaceful setting.

So peaceful

So peaceful in fact that my thoughts left me alone for the most part

I can see why N and Uzi do this so much

I look over at Uzi, who was staring up at the sky, but shifted her focus to me. I stared at her curiously for a few seconds before I spoke. "So, when do you plan on going back?"

Uzi sat up, and looked like she was deep in thought. She stayed like this for a few more moments before she looked back over at me.
"Not too sure. I kinda want to make sure N is okay..."

I look over at her a little confused. Why would she want to see if N is okay? I mean yeah there pretty close but the way she said that, and the way her face expression changed made me question. "Why so?"
"I... think I might've hurt his feelings a little."
"Oh robo god, what did you do Uzi?"
"Hey! I didn't really do anything. More just how I reacted."
"Hm. Well you guys seem close, so I'm sure a small apology would solve everything."
"No... something else is going on with him. V... im worried for him okay? Ever since you mentioned... uhh... Cyn was it? He's been so... depressed."
"... it's a pretty touchy memory, can you blame him? I probably shouldn't have brought it up honestly... it made me think more about everything as well."
"You guys are so mysterious."

     I looked back up at the stars and let out a short sigh. "So mysterious that I don't even know myself..." I mumbled
"You have no idea..." Uzi whispered back to me. "You know... your not as terrible as before. Your pretty... cool."
"Ha, your Turing into a softie for me~"
"Oh shut it, I'm trying to brighten the mood."
"Your already bright enough."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Don't worry about it."

     Uzi stared at me with a confused expression before she shrugged her shoulders, and lie back down. I thought about earlier, and I was really confused as to why Uzi would even think of doing something like that. I had such mixed emotions right now. I didn't want to bother her with it again. Maybe her and N got into an argument? No... they couldn't have... She wouldn't do something like that over an argument, right? I was still staring at the stars when I spoke up and told Uzi, " We should probably start heading back, it's gonna start getting brighter soon."
"Ughhh I just want to sit up here for all eternity..."
"Didn't you wanna speak to N as well?"
"Oh yeah... Ugh! Why is today so... stupid?! I shouldn't have even asked Doll anything... she was right... I really didn't want to know anything..."

Oh

That explains everything

No wonder why...

     I looked at Uzi before I spoke. "I see, she's told you?"
"...yeah."
"Okay, I probably shouldn't have been so harsh... there's a chance if you find Tessa. She fixed me, N, and J up. I'm sure she'll do the same for you."
"Your acting like I know whoever that is."

     I only let out a small chuckle. "Yeah no, just telling you she can help."
"Well, where is she?"
"Eeuhh... that I don't know."
"Wow really?! That solved literally all my problems!" Uzi had said this sarcastically, while letting out a laugh at her stunt.

That laugh

Oh robo god

It was so fucking adorable