twelve

"ohh yeah yeah sure" phil said as he looked down at our hands and raised an eyebrow.

i quickly removed my hand from his. and wiped it on my black ripped jeans.

"anyway, we're taking ronnie out to eat!" i said smiling

"why with him?" phil questioned pointing at the boy next to me as if he wasn't standing right there

"he.. has a name. and just because we want to." i said rolling my eyes and calling his name as he went somewhere else while we were talking.

"lets goooo" he whined at me and mason

"yes hold up, mason go turn on the car and take ron please" i asked him

"sure" he said taking ronnie by the hand

"so becca and scarlett are still sleeping i think, i'll text you if i need you or if something comes up, we'll be back in maybe two hours? he'll return the clothes and uhh, i don't know what else." i said to my brother standing there with his arms crossed as i was out of breath

"be safe. keep your location on." he said as he fist-bumped my upper chest as a way to say goodbye, i thought.

as i stepped out i saw mason was in the driver seat and he noticed me staring, he then tilted his head towards the passenger seat signaling me to sit there. but i never trusted anyone to drive my car. ever.

"hey uh sorry but only i drive my car." i said as i peeped through the driver side window.

"come onnn just this once" he said patting my head

"i'm not a dog" i scoffed under my breath as i decided to let him drive surprisingly. "how much do i like him" i thought to myself.

"don't get all sassy now" mason laughed as ronnie put a thumbs up

"AGREE!!" he said as i pushed his hand away not saying anything.

"sooo ms foden, you didn't ask where we'll be heading welllll too bad i'm gonna tell you whether or not you wanna hear it" mason said as i still stayed silent.

"wow, okay, anyways i was thinking about heading to this place about an hour away?" he said to me as i still didn't pay attention and instead looked out the window at the passing cars and gloomy sky.

"you're gonna have to talk." he told me gripping the steering wheel

"lovie where are we going?" ronnie asked me which i knew was just a way to try to get me to talk to mason by asking him where we're going.

"i dunno." i told him blankly as he frowned

"we're going to a special brunch like place." mason smiled as he looked back at ronnie and back at the road multiple times.

"yay!! i like that.. i think" the little boy said shrugging his shoulders as mason laughed and i quietly laughed to myself.

about an hour and twenty minutes later we arrived. i got out the car and opened the door behind me to take ronnie out as i felt footsteps behind me.

"please don't be mad, i said i'm sorry like a billion times" mason said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"look. it's fine. i just don't like when people drive my car, it's whatever now take your hands off me before someone sees" i said in a mad tone as i was pissed off.