🪴Chapter 4 - Red Velvet and the City 🪴 (TW ⚠️)

Author's Note

This chapter will be the first one that contains Trigger Warnings (TW) for the sake of anyone that are both young and/or sensitive to the following topics.

You're allowed to skip this chapter, as well as any of the future chapters that will contain Trigger Warnings of their own. This warning will be seen at the title of the chapter as well -> (TW ⚠️)

TW; Corrupted Authorities & Abuse of Power, Mistreatment, Violence, and Implied Assault

Please DO NOT read if you're a young viewer or sensitive to this type of topic

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Plotline

The cookies stumble upon the loyal knight Red Velvet from the Hollyberry Kingdom, who claims to be on an off-duty break.

It seems to be the case at first, until loads of rumors of Red Velvet going missing emerged in a matter of a couple of hours.

Red Velvet tells the real reason why he is here in the first place, confirming that it's because he ran away from a corrupt priestess, who uses her role and power as an authority figure and takes advantage of it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cookie Biscuit City, Jelly Train Station

May 28, 8:37pm at Night

There was a decent amount of rain pouring down the streets of Cookie Biscuit City during that fateful night. While the rain was light with the nightly wind dominating the area, it was still cold and pouring at that given point.

Regardless, that didn't stop the Jelly Train Express from ruining its given schedule, managing to head into its given location on time like always.

"Welcome to Cookie Biscuit City! We hope you enjoy your time here, and make the greatest of memories with family and friends!"

Several cookies exited out of the Jelly Train Express, ultimately entering into the very city that was announced on the speakers. A small cake hound can be seen being carried by one of the cookies that got off the train.

Their owner to be precise, with the little guy timidly looking up at him with genuine concern, making small puppy whimpers to show just that.

Wearing a red-and-pink raincoat and rain boots, keeping the young cake hound in one arm while holding an umbrella in the other. He looked down at his beloved pet and pal, looking equally concerned, "We'll come back in three days just like I promised. I'm sure someone has read the letter I placed on my bed earlier by now."

~~~

It was a few minutes walk from the Cookie Biscuit City Train Station and towards the teen cookie's chosen location. Holding his cake hound pal close to him, before quietly closing his umbrella as he entered through the sliding doors.

Deciding to not make any direct eye contact with anyone that either laid their eyes on both of them or simply mind their own business doing something else, going straight towards the reception to book a room, "Hello there Sir! Welcome to the Grandmaster Hotel, one of Top 7 Hotels in all of Earthbread! How can I help you tonight?"

"Um... Greetings Miss!", the cookie wearing the raincoat replied in a formal manner, "I was wondering if I can book a room for three days and two nights? I hope that's alright with you and the rest of the staff here."

"Of course! We're always welcome to have such wonderful guests here!", the receptionist smiled, "Although trying not to sound nitpicky, I suggest you take off your raincoat. For one we don't want the lobby's floors to be wet, and I'd prefer seeing you and not just your cake hound."