zb1 debut album review

my boys finally debuted <3

i'm so proud of them, and i'm amazed to see how far they've come. i've been waiting for this date for like, forever! i've watched as many videos and scrounged through literally all the content on youtube i could find, and i think it's safe to say i haven't been like *this* since my beginning kpop days with ateez and astro. 

it's been so exciting to watch them on this journey, most of which i've seen since boys planet. i've always wanted to find a group pre-debut and follow them throughout their preparation for their debut and everything, and i'm so glad zb1 is the group i could do this with. 

anyways! onto the album review!

so, it's a really good album overall. i have to say that i'm largely satisfied with all the songs and everything but i did have a few... mmm... disappointments. obviously these are like personal preferences, but yeah!

so i don't really like the title track, "in bloom." and i'll be honest, i can't really place my finger on why, but i think it's just because it's a bit messy and unlike their vibe/what i was expecting. it's not a bad song, but it's not something i'd vibe with, you know?

i also found "back to zb1" super repetitive, which isn't a bad thing, but the first time i listened to it i was like oh, it's kinda just repeating over and over again, which after a while gets a bit boring. 

however, i'm in love with the other four songs! "and i" easily became my favorite super duper fast, and i also love new kidz on the block. I guess these vibes were more of what i was looking for from zb1's debut so maybe that's why i like them more. our season and always are also super good and they've been going on in my head nonstop for the whole day. 

now more about the title track, one thing i did think was interesting about it was the rap sections! obvi we all knew gunwookie our giant baby was going to be part of the rap section, but i didn't expect jiwoong or yujin at all ahahah T-T. and TAERAE?? omg, all rounders fr. 

ANYWAYS overall, great album, loving the talent that's shining through here. i am SO GLAD wakeone didn't mess this up, i would've thrown a fit and cried if they did. 

ALSo one more thing that i would say i found... unexpected? was the ot9 version of "hot summer" WHICH waSN'T BAD, but but but but. i was like super duper addicted to hot summer om bp999 and i religiously listened and watched it for like so many times, it CARRIED me through finals season, so honestly i LOVE that song. 

it just... idk it felt kinda wrong to me? i love bp999 hot summer and it was so so so high on my list of favorite songs EVER, and the fact that i miss all the other trainees so much (esp the other 9 from top 18) just made me feel even sadder. it's not that they aren't fully slaying so hard and breaking records and literally being such an amazing team of people i will love until the end of time, it's just that i think my heart's still with the original hot summer version on bp999. 

aside from that, it was so fun to stay up late to watch their debut showcase. i cannot stress enough how funny it is to watch something without subs, have no idea waht theyre saying, but ur still giggling and smiling along anyway bc its just so cute and adorable and youre so giddy and proud of the boys :))

it was great hahaha.