Chapter 45: Little Talks

"A deal with a fae?" Karamatsu had honestly never thought about it. "I've never met one, but I've heard they're very fickle. I didn't know you could make deals with them."

"They are fickle. It's hard to catch their interest, but if you manage to do it they might form a contract with you." Osomatsu told him.

"And they can make a human immortal?" Karamatsu was very interested if that were the case.

"Yeah, they can use magic a lot more freely than what we're capable of. They can do all sorts of things, it's crazy." Osomatsu explained.

"Well, if they can make Ichimatsu immortal, then I'm interested." Karamatsu insisted. "The problem is that I don't know where or how to find a fae."

"No, that's not the problem. I work with one of them. The problem is convincing him to help you." Osomatsu pursed his lips.

"You work with a fairy?" Karamatsu was surprised he hadn't mentioned it before.

"I just started working with him not too long ago. He's been an actor for a while, but he recently moved to the area after working abroad. He's... something." Osomatsu looked like he was choosing his words carefully, something he seldom did.

"It sounds like you don't quite know what to make of him." Karamatsu noted.

"That's not it. He's a cool guy, I think. Really easy to get along with for the most part, and he's good at what he does. I like him quite a bit, but he's definitely got an ethereal sort of vibe to him." Osomatsu described him.

"Do you think he'd be willing to hear me out and perhaps help me?" Karamatsu asked.

"That's the thing. I don't know, to be honest. I could probably get you a chance to talk to him, but I have no clue if he'd even be interested in making any sort of deal." Osomatsu informed him.

"If there's even a slight chance that he'd agree to make Ichimatsu immortal, I want to pursue it." Karamatsu spoke firmly.

"I figured you'd feel that way." Osomatsu had expected this. "All right, I'll invite him over sometime soon and see if we can work something out."

"Do you know of any way to get on his good side?" Karamatsu wanted to put his best foot forward.

"He's a tricky one. He loves compliments, but he can tell when they're forced. He doesn't seem to like uptight or overly serious people. Oh, I should warn you, he might try to use his powers on you. He likes to do that." Osomatsu gave whatever information he had.

"I'm not familiar with the fae. What sort of powers does he have?" Karamatsu inquired about what he should look out for.

"Well, given that they can use magic freely, there's a whole lot they can do. Something that they're known for, though, is charming people. And the thing is, even though we're not human, we're not immune to it." Osomatsu told him.

"Charming people? What's that like?" Karamatsu had an idea of what that entailed, but wanted more details.

"It's almost like a sort of mind control or hypnotism. When he did it to me he did it to get me to buy him a few drinks. I can't really explain what it's like, to be honest. It was kind of like my reasoning was overwritten and everything he suggested sounded like a good idea. He was... what's the word? Captivating." Osomatsu recalled the experience. "Honestly, it would be a hell of a lot of fun to experiment with in bed, but I haven't gotten the chance to sleep with him outside of work yet."

"He sounds... dangerous." Karamatsu took in the information he was being given.

"Dangerous? No, I wouldn't call him that." Osomatsu shook his head. "His powers are no joke, but he's not a bad guy from what I can tell. I even think he'll be willing to at least hear you out. I have no clue if you'll be able to convince him to help you, though."