Good-bye

Jessica pov

I looked out my room's window one last time before taking the last box downstairs to the truck.

"That's it. Time to move on to a new chapter in our life." My dad, actually my entire family, is addicted to reading, so his allusion was not lost on any of us.

My dad got a job in Oregon, and it apparently pays triple the amount he gets here in Texas. The money is good and all but why could it not have been next year when my sister and I had graduated?

My twin sister and I had been trying to convince our parents that we could stay and finish the year by ourselves, but as we are only sixteen, they said no.

So we are packing up to move to Wolvstin, Oregon, a place I had never heard of until now. According to the research my dad did, Wolvstin has a population of 200, and has forests surrounding it on all sides.

It is not that I do not like Oregon, I've never gone, but I do not want to move. Is that so bad?

Of the six of us in our family only four of us were going, my two older brothers were staying, Greg and Scott. Greg is twenty-one, with a job of two years as a high school math teacher. Scott is a sophomore in college, studying chemical engineering, or mechanical, he changes back and forth between the two a lot.

My mom is a retired forth grade teacher, and my dad is a project manager for some company.

I am a twin, but I am the oldest by twelve seconds. Now I know people will say that is impossible, but it did happen. I am sixteen with hopes to become a veterinarian and/or a famous author by the age of twenty.

My sister's name is Janelle, she is obviously sixteen as well, and she wants to become a kindergarten teacher. She thinks she likes kids.

The drive was several hours but we got a few walking breaks with food every two.

It was late afternoon when we got to our new house, and all I wanted to do was sleep. But I had to help unload the truck. Ugh.