New Neighbors

Keith pov

"Keith, wake up our new neighbors are here. We need to go say hello." That is my mom, she takes it into her head that we are the welcoming committee for our town. Sometime I just want to stay home and meet people at school. But that will never happen.

Another reason we go to greet everyone that moves in, is to find out what they are, and my mom is hoping I will meet my mate soon. 

Now I want to find my mate, just maybe not for several years. It is just that my father said that as soon as I find my mate, I step up into the position of alpha. But I don't feel I am at the point in my life where I can take up the post.

"Keith, don't make me come up and get you! Come down now!" My mother's voice invaded my thoughts.

New neighbors here I come.

#######################

A teenage girl opened the door when my mother rang the bell. She was sort of pretty in a way, I guess. She had short brown hair, and brackish colored eyes.

My mother looked sideways at me, to see if perhaps she was my mate. I give a slight shake of my head to her. No she was not my mate.

An older woman comes up behind the girl shortly after, her mother most likely. The mother whispers in the girls ear, " Go try and get your sister." If it wasn't for my advanced hearing I would not have heard it.

My mother started introducing us, but I wasn't paying attention. I turned around after I was introduced, to try and pinpoint where the second girl might be, as she hadn't shown up with the first girl, Janelle. The woman, Mrs. Martha Zoect, had taken a breath to continue speaking after introducing Janelle when a voice came out of nowhere.

"Hello, my name is Jessica. It is nice to meet you." The voice made me flinch, it didn't scare me, but the voice did not have a recognizable smell to it.  I felt my mother flinch  as well, no idea about my dad though.

Mrs. Zoect gave a very small gasp as if she was not expecting her second daughter to show up. But she went on to speak, "This here is Mr. and Mrs. Chandler, and their son, Keth wasn't it?" It was obviously an act at the end, as if she was trying to get her daughter interested in me.

I thought for a second I would have to turn around and introduce myself properly when my mom took a step forwards. "No, I told you to call us by our first names."

"My name is Jennifer, sweetie. That is my husband Dan and my son Keith. Keith turn around to meet Jessica."

I turned to see a pale hand holing my mom's when I heard a surprised gasp from the owner. I quickly looked at Jessica's eyes.

It was then that I found my mate. A mate with no smell.