| 20 |

|| Insecurities ||

|| Insecurities ||

Alessio and I arrived back at our apartment building with both of our suitcases. We left the day after we were released from the hospital so he has a longish recovery ahead.

I, however, couldn't wait to take care of him. Cook for him, chill with him. Though I still had to go back to work so for half of the day he'd be doing that himself.

"You know I could've carried my own bag," Alessio sucked my tongue while I opened my apartment door and stepped to the side. He rolled the suitcases in and placed them near the when I leaned down to greet Lucky.

Haven was the cat-sitting him while we were gone, she's the only consistent person I trust to sit him.

"Say that again, Niella, say it," he closed the door and locked it. "Say that you could've gotten your own suitcases knowing damn well I would've rather thrown myself down a flight of stairs before you ever took your own suitcases up to your apartment."

"Aw Lucky, you have some competition for drama king," Alessio rolled his eyes when I let Lucky jump out of my hold and prance away. "Does it hurt when you roll your eyes? Or when you frown?"

I teased Alessio and removed my flats at the same time. They sat by the door when I pranced my way down the dark hallway and into my bedroom.

"Haha, very funny, princess," I flicked on my bedroom light and let my curls out of their ponytail. I sighed softly, full of relief and relaxation with my hair out of the mind-pulling high ponytail.

"I'm hilarious, aren't I?" I spun to see Alessio closing my bedroom door before approaching me. I tilted my head sideways when he stood a few inches before me, gazing down with amused eyes.

"Do you want to know what else is hilarious?" He asked with his hands running down my forearms. He lifted my hands, placing kisses on my palm before guiding me to sit down on the bed.

"I'd say yes but then we might mess up your recovery and it's very important," I felt my voice drop a few volumes when Alessio bent over to be face-to-face with me. His everyday cologne filled my senses with one brief whiff.

"Oh? Do you plan on breaking my jaw even more during sex? Feeling kinky huh?" I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but laugh at Alessio's assumption. "You know I heard from someone that quality time and sex with the person you love actually helps me recover faster."

"Who'd you hear that from huh?" Instead of answering me, he lifted his fingers to push my curls behind my shoulders. He gently gripped the side of my neck before pressing our lips together sloppily.

"I told you... I heard it from a friend," his breathing picked up when he kissed along my jawline and sucked heavily against my skin. I tilted my head back, letting him freely mark me as he pleases. "Do you really want to know what friend I'm talking about or would you rather us stop talking?"