Chapter 5

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

Chapter 5

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

TW///Mental, Medication///

Astrid unknowingly destroyed all of Twitter with her drum set. Oblivious, she finished her food, washed the dishes, and returned to her room to power on her computer. Bagheera once again curled in her lap as she booted up Discord and her Stardew Valley world that she shared with Niki.

As Discord opened, however, she noticed a friend request from the one and only Ranboo. Smiling, she clicked accept. 

He was nice.

Yeah, you guys got along really well.

You think so?

Girl, I know so. Y'all are like soulmates.

We are not doing this again

But what about trueeee loveeee.

Still doesn't exist.

Primrose would riot if you ever said that near her.

Good thing I didn't.

The voice in her head, which she had named Mila, had been around for as long as she could remember. Mila always seemed to be aware at all times, even while Astrid herself was asleep. Astrid could always count on Mila to retell every detail in a certain time and place from her memories. Mila is the only reason Astrid can remember what happened before the age of ten. Before everything went to shit.

Meanwhile

Ranboo's Discord dinged at the same time that Niki gasped. "Oh, look at the time! I have a meeting to get to! I'll talk to you later Phil! Bye Ranboo!" And she was gone. Phil chuckled, knowing about the 'meeting' she was going to. Ranboo had his suspicions but said nothing, instead focusing on the notification he received.

Ranboo 13:26
I'm assuming that you're the reason that Niki just abruptly left?

NorseNonsense 13:26
Was that what she was doing?
She's six minutes late.
But it was you so I'll allow it

Boo :] 13:26
Do people get special privileges when they're around me?
Or is this just a one-time thing

Ari :) 13:27
I haven't decided yet
Niki is finally ready so I'll talk to you later
Also, go to sleep, it's 5:30 am

Boo :] 13:27
Says the person who went to bed at 4 am

Ari :) 13:27
And whose fault was that????

Boo :] 13:28
Kinda sounds like it's yours

Ari :) 13:28
-_-

Love of my life is calling...