Chapter 03

It was the eleventh week of his pregnancy as well as the week of finals of this year before he starts his senior year of high school after two months of summer vacations. He still hasn't told anything to Kim. He often stared at Kim during lunch break or in his combined classes. It was difficult to see that he was becoming a social bird while his physical features enhanced with every passing day. Kim had started to style himself in different rock and pop styles. Sometimes he tried tacky new looks but with his looks, he managed to pull them off proudly.

Meanwhile, Porchay had not improved his immunity and stress levels in the past three weeks after his first and only appointment with the doctor. He couldn't forget the sight he saw as soon as he reached home after his visit to the hospital.

Porsche was talking to someone on the phone in complete desperation. He felt like his brother was even ready to beg. From the bits and pieces he heard from outside the door, it was evident that Porsche had not managed to collect the monthly rent and they were still behind. Porchay shoved the prescription of vitamins in his pocket and took deep breaths. His hands were shaking and there was a burning sensation in his lungs and ribs. He walked a block away from his own house and sat on the stairs of a random building. Closing his eyes tightly he inhaled and exhaled deeply and slowly to bring his breathing to normal it didn't help that he was sweating profusely. After 15 minutes which felt like hours, he went slowly walked back home. There was still time for his return from school he needed some excuse as well for that.

He knocked on the door and as soon as the doors were opened he proceeded to hug Porsche tightly. He didn't cry even though he felt like he could cry a river but for once he needed to be strong for him. Porsche was startled by the sudden invasion and display of physical affection from Chay. He had been too distant the past few days for him to find this normal but he hugged him back instead of questioning him. Maybe this will calm down whatever has been running through Chay's head.

"I miss you, Hia.", Porchay said in a hushed voice, vibrating across Porsche's chest.

"Is something wrong Chay?" Porsche patted Chay's hair. "You know I'm always here if you wanna talk to me." Tightening his hold further on Chay, Porsche cradled him in his muscular arms.

"None of that today, Hia." Porchay got out of his arm and started to slowly walk towards the kitchen "You're going to rest and I'll be taking care of dinner today, alright."

"I can do that Chay, you don't need to do it.", Porsche tried to reason.

"Shhh, go sit on the couch," Porchay ordered him in authority that automatically made Porsche laugh at him for trying to be an adult.

"Alright, Alright, I wonder if it's gonna be a five-course meal because all you can cook is ramen." Porsche had a playful smirk on his face.

"Shut upppp." Porchay glared at him, his cheeks flushing at his brother's remarks.
....

Porchay started on dinner which was indeed ramen. He started thinking about how he needs to work on his cooking because he will need to cook for his child at some point if not right after birth. He also cannot keep being a burden on his brother when he's the one working and cooking most days, he needed to up his contributions in this regard. Porchay was only assigned cleaning duties that too every alternate day. It was Porsche who cooked and did laundry on weekends. What kind of a brother had he been? He knows it is Porsche who doesn't let him do anything because he wants him to focus on his education and not let anything hinder his grades but he felt guilty that how much of a burden he has been. Just because his brother wanted to protect him it doesn't mean he cannot insist on doing things and lessening his brother's stress.