Chapter 05

Porchay didn't see Kim ever since their encounter in the hospital. It's been three days, every day he waited in anticipation to see whether he will approach him or not but there was no sight of him.

His boss had become sympathetic towards him in the meantime. When took off during the hospital day, his boss had checked up on him directly. He found out that his boss had seen both him and Kim rushing towards the hospital that day but since she had some urgent matter to take care of she couldn't follow them neither wanted to invade their privacy.

When he received the call directly, he was terrified to hear what she wanted to speak about but instead, she only asked him about his health and if he needed anything for the matter. Their conversation most Porchay trying to prove that he didn't wanna inconvenience her.

"Please ma'am, I know it's a trouble considering it's just my second week in the cafe. I will try my best that this kind of urgent leave doesn't have to happen again.", he practically started to find pleading.

"Porchay, I hope you'd know your worth someday as well and I just called to check in on you personally because I saw Kim taking you to the hospital yesterday while it was still working hours, it must have been something serious. If it's something that you can share with us I'll try my best to give you facilities and accommodate you in the matter, this cafe is a safe environment for my employees.", there was softness and worry in her voice but at the same time, he realized how lucky he has been to find such an amazing workplace.

"Please don't fire me, I really need the work right now.", he took a deep breath and decided to not contemplate too much and inform her about things.

"I'm actually three months pregnant and last night I was close to having a miscarriage.", he sounded broken and felt his heart constrict at the thought of last night's events.

"Porchay my dear, oh god, why didn't you inform me about it? You do realize you're in a delicate situation and you should be taking care of yourself first and foremost.", she sounded almost like a mother to him.

"I'm sorry, I should've informed you but I thought who would want to hire a pregnant teenager."

"Shh, none of that and unlimited bathroom breaks for you. You're so stupid to hold back peeing in this situation, idiot.", the last one made him laugh and she heard him.

"Don't stress yourself now and take care, if you need you can take off tomorrow as well but I hope to see you soon."

"No, no, it's fine, I'll be at work tomorrow for sure, thank you for being so considerate.", when the call was over Porchay felt relaxed and content in a long while. It's been like he had not felt good with anyone being nice to him in so long, they often are putting him or want to take advantage of him.

His next day went in anticipation of Kim's arrival and he didn't, Three days passed until he found out that he was covering the morning shift instead of the evening shift with Porchay. It made him sad that he was trying to ignore him even though it was he who treated him like trash when he was trying to be supportive of him.

On the fourth day when he realized it was useless to wait for someone who didn't wanna stay in his life and ignore his baby as well. Kim got what he had wanted from him and now he's pregnant with his child and he chose to ignore it completely, Porchay's thoughts were running wild from making up all the theories. He was so engrossed in his mindless work that he didn't even realize Kim came and was starting to prepare for his shift too until he saw that there was a piece of cake slipping in front of him.

"For you.", Kim said and left to continue his previous work. Porchay stared at the back of his head with wide eyes. What the hell, he thought. But he couldn't ignore the fact that he was craving something sweet and just maybe he could keep his differences aside and eat what he just got.