4. rizzing up a rich ceo's son so he does all the work

In complete darkness and under all the blankets, my dry and bloodshot eyes stared at my phone

—, 1'000'000 words, 112/? chapters, last updated 15 years ago, —

'You're kidding me.' I thought, rubbing my dryass eyes after a binge of the whole fanfic. 'This is what happens when you don't check the update status first, for real.'

I peeked up at the time on my phone.

1:45AM

'What perfect time to do some schoolwork!' I thought, putting my phone onto my nightstand and grabbing my laptop instead.

Once logged in, I opened the Sage Online Academics website and pulled out the classes and their completion rate.

'..Oh?' I thought, eyeing the History Unit. 'All that's left is the Unit's Final Project.'

I clicked on the assignment, reading through the criteria.

—choose any historical event, and make it an essay, powerpoint, video or a poster! Any other format must be passed by a teacher—

I whisked over all the information, until a sentence popped out in bold.

MUST BE DONE WITH A PARTNER.

A rock sunk in my stomach.

I refrained from punching the computer screen, and chose to read the details on the 'partnerwork' instead.

< Do you have a friend on SOA who you would like to partner with?>

<Yes>

<No>

AS IF I HAVE FRIENDS???? And the mf Chenya doesn't count.

I groaned, clicking <No>.

More details showed up on the page.

Your partner will be auto-selected with whoever is online! If you are the only one online, you will be given a wait.

This Unit's Final Project is the same among all grades— don't expect a partner who is the same age as you!(work is graded accordingly)

• If there are no more students, we will allow you to work independently.

A ray of hope illuminated in my dark, dark room.

'If there are no more students?' I looked at the time.

1:55AM